chapter thirteen

"... so i told her to leave and never speak to me again. i mean who wouldn't after all the shit she confessed?" scout stated rhetorically.

"that's pretty shit, like she's supposed to be someone you can trust but ended up hurting you the most. i'm sorry scout" josh said sympathetically.

"it's whatever i guess, thank you though. let's just hope these lyrics end up being good" scout joked.

"and who knows maybe you'll release it?" josh questioned

"we'll see" scout winked.

The duo began coming up with ideas and soon had the first verse and chorus decided. the process was easier to them than expected, with ideas flowing between the two.

"how about 'you picked him over me, and you left with no apology' to start off the second verse?" scout suggested.

"i like it, i like it!" josh agreed.

Soon, the song was done. the pair were done within the hour and Scout felt accomplished that her feelings were expressed. a weight was lifted from her shoulders and she felt at ease. Scout looked over at Josh and smiled, she was grateful that someone she had only met in person a few times was so eager to help her out and managed to articulate her feelings so well after listening to her rant so intensely.

"you definitely have to release that!" josh exclaimed proudly.