3. Bet on me

Wylie glare to the person on her left as soon as her knees buckled forward, harshly causing her to land on her knees — hard — the ground wasn't made of marshmallows and obviously it wasn't like she wasn't going to kneel once the stood in front of the Queen.

She might have been a thief but it didn't mean she was that rude — well, not always and the Queen held her life by a thread. She had no option left but to restrain her tongue, as best as she could.

Her eyes though, could never hide her emotions regardless how much she tried. She also did rarely try but who was counting — not her, it didn't matter.

This fully armed guard in armour and all that, did not scare her — all that much — just a little but she could take her!

She just needed these chains off.

"Wylie Quill."

Wylie snapped her head towards towards the soft yet warning tone the Queen used.

Wylie studied the Queen. No longer in poor lighting Wylie could see the beauty of her crown with the sapphire stones around, and her lovely emerald gown — it's simply yet captivating and a perfect fit.

"Yes, your majesty." Wylie replied finally in her right-ish mind only because the guard beside her violently, yet again, nudged her.

"Behave."

Had been her words at which Wylie shrugged. She couldn't keep promises and it was definitely not her fault this barbaric guard would not stop hitting her at every chance she got.

"For the crimes you've committed you are supposed to be executed."

Wylie frowned lightly staring into the Queen's eyes. She, Wylie, wasn't much of a politician or anything like that but clearly that law was totally ruthless & unnecessary — no second chances or anything? Just send her straight to the afterlife no redemption arc!

"I can change—"

"Yes you can." The Queen's voice spoke once more, cutting off Wylie before she started to speak her mind. "—because you'll work as the Princess' guard. Through every trip she is required to make and whichever one she would desire."

Wylie laughed. Which was something she shouldn't have done, she knew that as she saw the guard about to kick her again. Successful she dodged it but not the counter-attack that landed her face first on the ground, Wylie turned to the guard in disbelief — had she seriously kicked her on the butt!

With a shrug, quite ignorant Wylie must say, the guard looked away ignoring her glare and her completely.

Wylie huffed. With her arms still in chains she pushed herself up to her knees again, this time not Kneeling as usual but sitting on her legs — her knees were tired and she needed some comfort.

Making herself comfortable as best as she could, Wylie glanced at the Queen.

"Me?" Wylie asked, both thumbs pointing at her chest. Her lips slightly pursed, an eyebrow raised and a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Yes you. A fire witch, great with enchantment as well."

Who had not heard of her enchantments in the Radae Isles. It was very impressive how she used music to do it, most times witches did the spell directly on the 'thing' they wished to enchant — the Queen herself did too — but through enchanted instruments and the spells being casted through musical notes, was a first.

And Wylie was good at it, too good at it, given the complaints and stories she and her court heard from the wronged.

No one knew who it was until now! her face or how she worked so fast. One moment they'd been traveling and the next they were waking up robbed of everything but their clothes — sometimes.