12. Stay with me

Aldith was exhausted and infuriated at the exact same time, what didn't help was the grinning face before her—the reason for all her dismay. Even though she would have much considered jumping on that very mesmerising—comfy bed—rather than try talking some sense into Wylie at such a late hour and from such a long ride.

The ride itself had not been pleasant, even though she did happen to crack a smile here and there—those smiles she made sure Wylie wouldn't see at all and would of course play it as an insult.

She wasn't trying to boost her already big ego and character.

So

She opted on kicking the girl off the horse they were on together but the first two times were unsuccessful. The second time she tried it, Wylie brought her down with her—shamelessly and without regret—the two of them landed on the harsh ground and honestly, Aldith still felt the pain in her shoulder.

Resting would ease it all—only if she could at all.

So back to topic.

A long journey from the city of Deni to the small town of Qolis best known for their inn's, and a tourist pitstop. A nagging partner behind you on the same horse, breathing right down your neck every second through it all—was a nightmare turn reality.

Aldith did believe nightmares were dreams too and she was living it as soon as Wylie found the inn they'd stay in. Relief was something short-lived, it wasn't enough to count as relief rather temporary delusion.

She should have never, and she meant never in her whole life, let Wylie pay for the room or be the one talking.

"What were you thinking?" Aldith pulled Wylie's ear as she stared at the single bed before them. "Find us a rooms for the night, rooms! If no then room with beds—heavy on the beds!" She hissed now glaring at Wylie, of course she didn't let the poor girls ear go—maybe this way she'd actually listen.

A shrug from Wylie.

"It's a room, isn't it princess?"

"A single bed!"

Wylie let out a hum as she placed her hand over the Aldith's, the one that was very close to ripping it off—and she pinched it, as hard as she could.

"Would have costed us a lot of coins if we got two! I'm saving money, Princess."

Wylie spoke as Aldith rubbed her hand, if it wasn't for the dim light she would have seen how red her skin turned. She was sure it did, it hurt like a motherfucker.

"I've got enough money!"

"I know, and that's exactly why I'm hogging it."

This was exactly why she, Aldith wasn't a huge or little fan of Wylie Quill, the musical witch thief, the fire witch—whatever the fuck her name was, she was a bitch—not a witch.

Aldith groaned, if she had not loved her hair so much she would have been pulling it out. "You'll sleep on the floor." That was not a suggestion, she was suggesting—that would mean giving her an option, she wasn't trying to do that.

Wylie however took it as one, what more would she expect from a stubborn girl like herself.

"Princess." Wylie laughed in disbelief. The Princess had to be mad insane if she ever thought Wylie would do that. "I am not sleeping on the floor when there is a perfectly good bed right there." Wylie spoke as she patted down the side beside her as she laid down.

"It's small for the both of us."

A thug from somewhere in the room was made. Aldith stared at the floor then back at Wylie, her boots had been tossed away and she was already getting comfortable— undoing a few buttons from her shirt.