14. You know, just hanging

This type of warmth Wylie felt around her body was very soothing, she didn't care how she ended up in bed neither how or who was actually holding her so close to their own body it felt lovely though—intimate as well, too good to be trusted because there was only one person she spent last night with.

Aldith

They had danced and drunk the night away, stumbled here and there, mistakenly stepped on the others feet while dancing and well held eachother much more than they usually would. They were a bit more civil to one another.

Wylie enjoyed it all, she remembered most of it and a fragment of them calling it quits later in the night—with versions blurry and the Princess drunk beyond comprehension, they pushed past the crowd that hadn't died down to their inn, and after that Wylie didn't understand.

Everything became a blur, all mushed up in her head.

And then here she was possibly cuddling with the Princess, she was likely also resting her head on her chest—that she was certain of. As much as she was awake, she wasn't ready to actually get up or open both her eyes.

That said, Wylie popped her left eye open to take a good enough look at the person who had her in their arms and like wise. Her suspicions were indeed correct as Aldith's light brown hair, then the freckles over her slightly exposed chest.

Wylie would straight up accept this behaviour from herself, most of the times she had to professional slap herself on the face, not literally but enough to bring her mind out the gutter—Aldith was attractive but she was a princess and she, Wylie was a thief carrying out a punishment, nothing more should be thought of.

But well, Aldith had firmly her arms around Wylie's body and Wylie's arms rested around Aldith's waist—unconsciously or not, they both had gotten closer and seeked comfort in the other.

Wylie wasn't complaining, she couldn't. First she actually got the princess to dance with her and now the princess was peacefully sleeping in her arms, from a dancing Aldith to a sleeping Aldith—having a favourite for Wylie would be difficult.

Even more so when Aldith fingers slipped through Wylie's dark blue hair, the movement felt more conscious than what her face lead on with her lips lightly pressed against the other, eyes closed and steadily breathing.

Again, Wylie wasn't complaining, she couldn't bring herself to. Not when Aldith's fingers slipped through her hair again, slower and gently than earlier—it was relaxing that Wylie sighed into it, her eyes closed as she enjoyed how Aldith's fingers played with her hair.

This was something she could get used to.

"You should have have been pulling yourself out of this, like I burnt you." Aldith spoke, her fingers drawing back from Wylie's hair. For someone who had just woken up she didn't sound like she had, neither did she look half as bad as she should have—she was quite drunk, Wylie expected more of annoyance mixed with a headache.

"The fact that's the first assumption you'd have of me, hurts Princess and why didn't you do it because you've clearly been awake before me."

"Don't you think I tried?"

"Yes."

Wylie countered, and the surprising thing had to be how neither of them let the other go. Wylie still held on Aldith and so did Aldith, they hadn't tried to yet—their words seemed to be clashing but their bodies relied on the other.

"Well I did but couldn't because you wouldn't let me."

"You didn't want to wake me?"

"What! No, I'd never consider your feelings more less sleep."