Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

*Alex's Point Of View*

"It's about time you got your sorry ass out here!" one of my closest friends, Dex, said, slapping me on the chest.

"No doubt," Aiden, another one of my closest friends, seconded.

"Yeah, yeah," I waved them off, wiping my hands off so that they were clear of sand. I opened a bag of Cheeseburger Doritos. These things really did taste like cheeseburgers. No joke.

"Come on, dude," Dex said. "Look around. There are PLENTY of hotties around and they can all barely keep their eyes off you!"

As if on cue, a cute blonde girl with a nice body passed by us, eyes never leaving me.

So what if nearly every girl on the beach wanted me or gawked at me? The one I actually wanted wasn't here.

I quickly shook the thought away, trying to convince myself that I didn't mean it.

"We finally got you out here, don't waste it sulking!" Dex groaned.

"I'm not sulking," I objected, thrusting a handful of chips in my mouth.

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Dude, whoever it is has got you whipped!"

I shot him a look. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on." He rolled his eyes. "You've been in La La Land ever since you've gotten here!"

"No I haven't."

"Who is she?"

I stiffened. "What?" Could they really tell that easily? But there wasn't anything to tell...was there? And so what if there was? It wasn't their business.

"You heard me. Who. Is. She."

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Yes you do, which is why you're trying to avoid it."

I shook my head profusely. "You're crazy. There's no one."

"There's gonna be someone soon," he muttered.

"We're here, it's Spring Break, let's party," Aiden said. "We're at a great beach, with hot girls, in poppin' Miami. Why waste time arguing, when we could spend it partying?"

"He's right," Dex said. "You didn't come all the way out here to eat Doritos."

That's true. I didn't come all the way out here to eat Doritos. I came all the way out here to see her. And so far, I was having no such luck.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Speaking of hot girls," Dex said, his head snapping up. "Check out THAT hottie."

Aiden and I looked up at the same time. A girl stood up letting her dress fall to her feet. My eyes were immediately drawn to her - just like pretty much every single other person on the beach. Her body was slim, yet curvy in all the right places. Her hair was long and dark brown, falling down her back in long, straight locks. Her bathing suit only accentuated her figure, making her butt look firmer and her boobs bigger. She turned around for a second before laying back down to have some guy rub her down with sunscreen.