Chapter 4 - Distract

So a week had passed.

Since that horrendous dinner.

Jeongin was trying to ignore his parents because he was clearly mad at them for even clearer reasons. But it wasn't that hard to do so since they left the morning after the dinner for one of their never ending buisness trips.

Like they just came home to drop this shit on the boy and then leave like nothing ever happened.

I don't know if seeing them after what they've done would hurt more than them leaving...

His mood wasn't the best it's been, that was safe to say. An easy way of coping that has never seemed to fail is ignoring the problem. And also pet therapy.

Jeongin decided today was a good day for the latter and ended up on his friend Hyunjins living room floor with a puppy running back and forth infront of him.

The better alternative for his friends.

Our dear kkami.

I guess it was working since Jeongin had completely forgot about the troubles in his life and things were starting to feel normal.

That is until his other friend decided to open his mouth.

"Innie when's your wedding because I'm planning to go to Paris this summer, gotta plan around it you know?" Seungmin stares down in his phone while shifting in the dog bed he was sitting in, trying to get comfortable.

Jeongin sighs dramatically and sends him a death glare, but the older boy doesn't seem to notice the change in atmosphere.

With a deep breath, Jeongin pretends he didn't hear anything and continues to play with his favourite member of the friend group, the puppy.

But as Jeongin coos at the pet, it goes running off, making the boy look up. The pet had ran to its owner as he entered the room with a bowl of popcorn.

Kkami jumps at Hyunjins feet, it's tail wagging at top speed. With a small giggle, he puts the bowl down and picks up the puppy and gives it kisses.

After Hyunjins kdrama moment with his dog, he looks up at his other two friends confused.

"Seungmin-ah why are you in the dog bed?" He questions while scratching the real dogs head.

"I wanted to see if you could tell the difference between me and kkami." Seungmin shrugs before sitting up on the dog bed with his eyes still focused on his phone.

Hyunjin let's put a laugh, "Are you really jealous over the fact I give my pet more attention than you?" He puts kkami down and walks over to sit by the two younger boys.

"When did I say I'm jealous." Seungmin huffs and sends an annoyed glare as Hyunjin sits by him and wraps an arm around his waist.

"Okay I didn't come here to watch whatever the hell yalls relationship is." Jeongin speaks up with a digusted look on his face.

"Oh innie! When did you get here?" Hyunjin pops a piece of popcorn in his mouth earning an elbow to his side by seungmin next to him.

"Anyways-" Seungmin speaks up abruptly, "You never answered my question Jeongin-ah. When's the wedding?"

I don't know why I choose to befriend them.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that too! When are we going to meet the guy anyway?" Hyunjin settles himself in the dog bed leaning onto the puppy boy next to him.

"I hate you guys."

Seungmin and Hyunjin exchange looks, "is that his name? A little strange..."

Jeongin rolls his eyes before dramatically falling backward onto the carpeted floor, spreading his arms and legs like a starfish, "His name is Chan. He's 24 and I'm barely 18. I can't believe I'm actually getting married... it's like my parents sold me off."

The other two boys in the room stay silent other than the small gasp from seungmin when he heard their age gap. As if understanding the situation, kkami runs over to Jeongin and kisses his face. His only real friend it seems.

Until seungmin speaks up to break the silence, "I'm sure you two could figure something out, you know to cancel it all..."

"Hyung it's my parents we are talking about, they aren't like that." Jeongin sighs staring at the ceiling.

"Either way we'll support you innie." Hyunjin brightly smiles while reaching out to ruffle the youngers hair.

"Yeah! And plus I just got this new tailored suit and it would be so perfect for a wedding since I already know I'm going to be the best man and definitely not Hyunjin or wonie-"

Seungmins rant was interupted by a doorbell ringing. All three boys exchange glances, they weren't expecting anyone else. Jeongin sits up and follows Hyunjin to answer the door. Seungmin trailing behind them.

As soon as they open it, they are met with The Bang Chan himself. They very boy that was just mentioned.

It's like he teleported after us saying his name.

And there he is, standing outside in dress shirt and tie with his hair nicely done. Like he was going somewhere.

Jeongins eyes visibly widen, "Chan hyung? W-what are you doing here?" He stutters out surprised of the olders random appearance.

But as soon as the youngest says the name, the other two boys in the house gasp loudly, "Chan? Your fiancé?" They yell out in unison while exchanging glances.

Chan chuckles at the door, "Jeongin we gotta go."

"G-go? Where?"

"Have you even been checking your phone?" The older asks, a sudden serious look on his face.

It was strange enough that he was getting married to this dude he literally just met, and now he was just showing up at his friends house?

What the hell was going on in Yang Jeongins life?

With that thought, the boy pulls out his phone from his pocket. Loudly gulping as he sees what he's missed.

Jungcat‼️‼️

-17 missed calls-

> Hyung?
> Mom and dad are home get here quick
> Shit I think Chan's family's coming again
> Youre so lucky I'm covering for you
> mom and dad are pissed you aren't home
> HYUNG!??
> HURRY
> BRO WHY ISNT HYUNJIN ANSWERING EITHER?!?
> Shit they're here
> Fuck not having a drivers license who is gonna get your ass now.
> I'm sending Chan over to Hyunjins to get you while the parents are busy
> Great now you're leaving me alone with Jay
> He's been laughing abt all this since he got here
> You owe for this Hyung.

Jeongins jaw slightly drops as a lump forms in his throat. He slowly looks up at his fiancé who has a entertained look on his face.

Chan quickly grabs a hold of his wrist and pulls him through the door. "Now you understand we gotta go?"

In just a few moments, the soon to be wed couple drive off from Hyunjins house. Leaving two dumbfounded boys in the doorway.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Minnie?" Hyunjin mutters, still staring at the open door where his friend got pulled out of moments ago.

"Yeah." Seungmin turns to face the boy next to him. The two of them speaking in unison with their connected minds.

"Chan is fucking fine as hell."

A/n
I almost burned my house down cuz I left a bagel in the toaster and forgot abt it and then tried to toast another bagel on top of it.

So like basically it caught on fire.

ANWAYS hope you enjoyed!