Chapter 11 - Cuties stay cute

That was the goal.

To ace the math final.

To graduate.

I mean it's everyone's goal isn't it? Jeongin had never met anybody who didn't want to graduate highschool. Well he was surrounded by rich people all the time, but surely the rest of the world agreed too.

He was 18. Son of the Yangs. If he didn't graduate... actually he can't even imagine what would happen.

Definitely not a slap on the wrist, that's for sure.

More like a push off cliff, or maybe a bullet to the heart. A surgery operated on him by top Italian surgeons to stitch his lips to his ass. The point is his life would literally be over. Along with the fact his parents and his family name would never live down the embarassment.

The stakes were definitely high.

So when he exited the exam halls, the final time he would in his highschool career, he felt a huge weight lift off his shoulder. Followed by the fact the first person he saw was Chan.

The older paced outside the hall, his eyes on his phone, with flowers in his left hand. He kept on looking up and then back down at his phone, like he was waiting for someone. A smile finds itself on Jeongins lips when he spots him.

It felt freeing almost, to know whatever happens, happens. The exams were over. So he runs to Chan as fast as he could, crashing into his arms and startling the poor man.

Luckily he had moved the flowers out the way in time before the younger quite literally crashed into him. "Innie?" He chuckles.

Jeongin buries his face in his fiancés shirt, trying to find comfort in him after such a stressful few days. The older returns the hug, pulling the younger in by the waist. "How did it go baby?"

Jeongin freezes for a second

Again?

Maybe he's used to saying it since our parents are always around?

"It was okay hyung." He pulls his face out of his shirt, pulling away to face him. Exams are never good, nor are they bad since if you do well, your set. A blessing and a curse?

It's simply okay.

"I got you some lillies and carnations this time. I've been trying to grow some." He smiles while handing the boquet to the younger.

Hes so sweet I wanna cry.

"I-.. thank you so much hyung." Jeongin grabs the flowers, giving them a quick sniff.

He knows me so well.

"I really couldn't have done it without you hyung! You really came in clutch with the studying help hehe." Jeongin nervously remembers that embarassing night he broke down infront of his fiance.

Oh did he wish he could never remember it again.

"Of course innie. I'm always here." Chan ruffles his hair with a chuckle, messing up the outdated perm.

What did Jeongin do to deserve his niceness?

I mean all he's really done is be an annoying teenager hormonal burden? It's not like Chan was particularly happy about being forced to be around him.

But the worries could wait.

Jeongin was free now. He was not going to stress any longer.

"Chan hyung?" He looks up from the flowers to meet the olders sweet eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go on a walk?"

****

The sun was bright, reflecting the young boys mood.

It was June after all.

It's crazy to think about how quickly the weeks have passed. Chan and his family were complete strangers when they literally showed up at his door and announced our marriage. But now, here he was. Walking next to his fiance. With a smile on his face.

It would all be over soon.

Jeongin trusted Chan.

"Innie! There's a claw machine!" Chan suddenly exclaims, enthusiacally pointing toward the machine by the bus stop.

"Hyung you're 24..." Jeongin chuckles, following the older who had already began to sprint over.

"I bet I could win you that fox innie!" He beams pointing at it through the glass, "It looks just like you!"

A fox huh?

Why was he such a cutie?

"Alright hyung? I'm counting on you!" He exclaims, matching his energy.

Chan puts 2 quarters in and moves the stick, turning his head to look around the other side of the glass, making sure the alignment was perfect. Once he determined it was, he pressed the red button, watching as the claw lowered itself over the fox plushie. The claws retorts inwards,picking up the fox by its ears and...

"UGHHH SO CLOSE!" Chan brings his hands to the side of his head watching as the ears slipped from the claw and returned back to the pile. A large 'YOU LOST' plastered across the top screen.

"It's okay hyung we-"

"Just one more try innie?" Chan cuts the younger off, pulling a few more quarters out of his wallet and intensely eyeing the plushie.

Who was Jeongin to protest?

*click click* *beep*
YOU LOST

"Ughhhhh"

*click click* *beep*
YOU LOST

"IS THIS RIGGED OR SOMETHING?" He pounds on the glass with his fist.

*click click* *beep*
YOU LOST

"STUPID MACHINE LET ME GET MY INNIE THE FOX!!!"

*click click* *beep*
YOU LOST

"Hyung it's getting late... maybe we should go?" Jeongin looks up at the sky, noticing its fading colors as pink decorated the horizon.

"B-but I haven't gotten the plushie for you?" Chan tears his eyes away from the game to look at me, before looking back at the plushie in defeat.

"It's okay hyung! We had fun right? We can get the fix another time!" Jeongin brightly smiles as the older buffs and pulls himself away from the machine.

"But it was supposed to be your gift..." He mumbles with disappointment.

Jeongin can't hold back his giggles as he walks beside his pouting fiance.

He truly couldn't believe the boy was 6 years older than him.

A/n
Aww
Cuties fr
I might finish this and my minsung book at like the same time hehe.

Why am I so obsessed over the new Seungjin book cover. Hyunjin is literally bae material.

Hope you enjoyed!