Chapter 10 - Breakdown😫

A small knock sounds from the other side of Jeongins bedroom door.

It's not like the younger noticed though.

His mind was too foggy.

Chan walks in after a few seconds, walking up to the boy who was sitting at his desk, facing away from him. To say he was worried was an understatement.

You see, in the moments of excitement for the younger Yang brother, Jeongin had gotten the message regarding his scores as well.

Anyone could see the way his wide smile from his brothers happiness slowly faded into shock. His eyes becoming glassy and a few tears slipping down his cheeks.

Chan was sitting across from him, he saw the way it happened. His eyes rapidly scanning the screen, his chest quickly rising and falling. It almost reminded the older of the day their marriage was announced to them.

Jeongin was panicking.

Before he could ask, the boy abruptly pushed back his chair and ran out the room, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

Chan was half expecting the room to turn their attention toward the literal crying son of the family that just ran out the room, but no. The dinner continued as normal. Like nothing happened.

No one noticed his absence.

Everyone was too focused on Jungwons dimply smile and congratulating him on his perfect score.

It frustrated Chan. It did. He saw the way his fiance suffering was ignored. The way his feelings weren't acknowledged. From the fact he was getting married as soon as he was of age to the pain going unnoticed by his parents.

Fustrated was another understatement. Chan was mad. It's like his finances broken face unlocked some deep hatred inside of him.

Chan was the behaved son. The quite and polite one. So when he loudly pushed back his chair and ran out the room after the younger, the tables attention was finally grasped.

Not that it mattered anymore.

"Jeongin?" He walks up closer to the younger, trying make his voice soft and comforting.

But the boy didn't answer. He kept his eyes glued to the text book infront of him. Not daring to move a muscle.

"Innie?" Chan barely whispers, finally placing a hand on Jeongin shoulder.

A moment later a few sniffles escape the younger. It was obvious he was trying to hold them in by the way they slowly increased. Jeongin shuts his eyes tightly and lets his head fall to the desk.

He couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

It all came flooding out.

Chan stood beside his fiance, patting his back as his body shook with sobs. He wailed into his textbook. He felt hopeless.

"Everything's going to be okay..." Chan softly whispers, trying to comfort his fiance.

Through Jeongins sobs, he managed to pull his head off the desk and buried it into the oldest stomach, using his small hands to clutch the sides of the older pants.

Seeing the boy this way made Chan want to cry too. It was painful. Chan never wanted him to ever feel this way. He was going to make sure he was happy. He had to stay strong for him.

Chan falls to his knees, letting the younger properly hug him and sob into his shoulder. The older pats his hair in a comforting manner, mutter small nothings in his ear.

After a few minutes, Jeongin starts quieting down, merely whimper now. Chan takes the opportunity to pull him away.

He finally looks at the boys face, it was red along with his eyes being swolllen. He brings a hand to his face as wipes away the warm tears.

"You wanna talk about it Innie?" He gently asks, brushing some of his hair out of his face while Jeongin doesn't dare make eye contact.

He still holds onto the olders shoulders tightly, staring off to his side. "I- I'm.. going to fail." His voice is almost inaudible.

Chan does his best not to look confused, he must stay strong remember? "No you won't innie, what makes you say that?"

Jeongin manages to surprise the older again.

He starts giggling.

No. laughing.

He lifts his head, his face still wet as he laughs his heart out. "What makes me say that?"

"Jeongin..."

"I CANT DO SHIT!" He puts his fingers into his hair, laughing like a maniac. "I'm an adult who's about to get sold off and fail senior year and never be able to graduate!"

"Innie calm down-"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" He clutches his hair tighter, his laughing turning to rage. "MY LIFE IS FUCKING SHIT!"

Chan simply sits and watches, not wanting to anger him further. Jeongin looks away with a red face. "GOD DAMMIT I CANT EVEN BE NICE TO PEOPLE ANYMORE!"

His sobs start all over again as he kneels over the ground. His body shaking violently. He was fully breaking down right infront of his fiancé.

"Innie it's going to be okay. I'll fix everything okay? Is this about your score?" Chan places his hand on the sobbing boys shoulder as his rage blows over leaving him fatigued.

He softly nods his head. "I-I did really bad." He hiccups staring at the floor.

"Oh." Chan so badly wants to punch the makers of the horrendous finals for calculus, but he brings the younger back into his arms.

"Do you wanna know something about me?" Chan speaks up after a few minutes of caressing Jeongins hair.

The younger hums, staring blankly at the wal.

"I actually graduated from Yale."

The previously motionless Jeongin springs up from his arms. Immediately looking up at the older for the first time, "YALE???"

He chuckles and nods. He had indeed went to the college up until a year ago. Chan was a genius.

It had only been ten minutes since Chan knocked on his young fiancés room, hoping to see the cause of his tears.

In that time the room had been filled with every emotion imaginable, but yet here we are. With Chan sitting on a chair beside Jeongin. Both of them scooted close to read off the same textbook.

"So it would be imaginary since it's a root negative?" Jeongin looks up from the book to look at the boy next to him. Though when he did, he began to realize how close their faces were.

"Good job innie." Chan smiles, not moving or looking away.

"T-thanks." Jeongin tried to keep his face its normal color, "You should've told me you were literally from Ivy League."

"You never asked."

"I supposed I didn't huh?"

"You feeling better baby?" Chan brings a hand to his back.

Baby?!?

Jeongin smiles in return, "I better ace the part 2 exam."

A/n

My books are like doing so well this week gang

It makes me so happy to see votes and comments on taken even though it felt like I was different person writing it bruh

Thank you sm everyone

I didn't even think my book would ever reach ranks it did omgggg

Hope you enjoyed!!