Chapter Eight - Good Eats

"Yes, so if they sway that would be a positive Romberg." I confirm.

"And negative Romberg would be when they stand still with no indication of swaying or loss of balance." Alyssa questions wanting confirmation in her answer.

I nod my head with a smile "correct".

I love when I tutor and they are able to grasp onto the content more after our sessions. This year I decided to get an on campus job in the academic center by tutoring. And I actually do enjoy it.

I am not able to do it often due to my busy clinical and class schedule, but I try to fit it in as often as I can. Plus I have created bonds with my regular students I tutor, so I want to be here for them when they need me.

"Thank you Kali I really do appreciate it." My student says while packing up her items.

"Anytime, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to email me okay." I say.

"Will do. I'll let you know how the test goes." She says before making her way toward the door.

"Yes ma'am. Throwing an A into the atmosphere for you." I say with a smile as she giggles saying a "thank you" before exiting the door.

Me: I'm done Scrub

I text Kayden as I pack my items up before heading outside.

I texted him before my shift that I was starving and asked if he wanted to grab some cafe food with me afterwards. In which he replied "Is that an invite."

Not him being petty.

In which I responded "you coming or not?" And of course he just had to continue the banter with "someone's hangry aren't they." And I left it at that.

If I were to text him back he would've seen what hangry Kali is like.

Kayden 🏀: I'm already outside waiting on you.

Me: Okay, coming

I respond to him before I clock out making my way out the door.

He was sitting on the bench in his under armor fitted shirt and shorts with what looked like still wet hair. I began making my way over in which he didn't notice due to being glued to his phone between his lap.

As I got closer I guess he heard my foot steps because his eyes left his phone and made contact with me.

The corner of his mouth lifted slightly "Wassup scrub"

"Hi" I smile feeling a little bad I gave him attitude over the phone.

I looked at his hair in confusion. "Why the wet hair?" I say reaching out to touch it.

"I just left the gym." He said before shaking his head spraying sweaty hair droplets on me before standing.

I frown "Ugh. Why would you do that?" I whine pushing his arm which did nothing to throw him off balance.

He laughed in response.

We then fell in step making our way to the cafe together.

"What did you work out today anyway?" I question.

"I did full body today." He responds.

"I need to start going to the gym too." I say in thought. "Don't you know when I went home last weekend I couldn't even do a ten minute walk without being out of breath." I say flabbergasted.

"I used to do that so effortlessly." I boost.

"Come with me." He says as we walk across campus.

I look at him in judgement "To the gym? I feel like you will try to work me like I'm your team member."