Chapter Thirteen - A Walk in the Park

"Okay, your patient has been admitted into the ER complaining of shortness of breath, chest pain, and is sweating profusely. What are at least three interventions you would do?" I asked.

"Place them on an EKG, do a pain assessment, and-". Jaz answered struggling a little to find one last intervention.

"Anticipate giving an nitrate. And they might have to draw labs to look at the troponin levels to really give information to whether it's a heart attack or not." Shayla said finishing for Shayla.

I smiled at them giving them high fives "Good job y'all!"

We are currently at the public park studying at the park tables. It's so beautiful here. They have a big pond in the middle of the park that even has a little bridge that allows you to stand there and relax to the water sounds or even get the perfect picture.

Surrounding the outer skirts of the pond is a trail in the form of a circle. Many dog owners come to walk there dog here because there is also a mini dog park. They have bench's on the trail too.

It's also the perfect place to study.

"Okay Jaz your turn to quiz." Shayla said.

"Let's do triage." Jaz stated. "So a patient enters the ER with an open fracture complaining of intense pain. The nurse would triage this patient with which color?"

Shayla and I locked gazes at the same timely seemingly have to think on it.

"Okay intense pain." I whispered to myself in thought.

"Open fracture." Shayla said patting my hand.

"Okay let's go through it out loud." I said to Shayla.

"Red tag is airway. So that can't be it." I repeated.

"Yellow is open fracture I believe because green is closed I think." Shayla added.

Jaz smiled like a proud mom at us thinking through the scenario out loud. "Final answer?"

Shayla and I nodded our heads at eachother before answering simultaneously "yellow".

"Correct!" Jaz cheered and Shayla did a shoulder dance.

"Okay can we take a lap around the park please? I need a brain break." Shayla pleaded.

Jaz placed her finger on her lip "Are you trying to get out of questioning us?" She teased

"Noooo but my brain is tired. After the walk it'll be restored." She bargained.

I raised my hand "I second that." Pointing to my head. "She's a little tired."

We decided to take our study break to the fullest by car pooling to Dairy Queen and returning with ice cream to accompany us on our stroll around the park.

I grab my spoon and dug into my Oreo blizzard while managing to stay in step with the girls.

"Whoever made cookie dough is a literal genius." Shayla said as she took a bite of her ice cream.

"A genius they are." Jaz seconded.

We stopped at the bridge leaning on the railing admiring the water fountain in the middle.