Chapter Nineteenth- Unspoken words

"You both look beautiful." I say with a smile on face.

Jaz and Shayla are currently getting ready to leave for the ball. They both look like Disney princesses and I'm not kidding.

"Are you sure you don't want to come Kali? We don't mind waiting for you to get ready." Jaz said with a hopeful expression and Shayla nodded her head awaiting my answer.

"I'm sure you guys." I say in confirmation.

I decided this morning that it would be better for me if I stayed here. I didn't want to be the party pooper of the night.

I would rather stay in doors and happily watch my Rom com's while baking brownies.

"Okay. We're not going to push." Shayla said gently. "If you decide to change your mind and make your grand entrance we will be there." Shayla said with a small smile.

I laugh at her comment.

This is not the movie where the girls decides last minute to get dressed making her late grand entrance.

I am not that girl.

I shake my head at her mirroring her smile "Okay." I say knowing I was ruining her fairytale of witnessing the movie perfect grand entrance.

They start to make their way out of my room when I holler "Oh and Jaz."

"Yes." She hollers back not even a second later.

"I gave my ticket to Moose." I say with my lips turned upward.

♠️♠️♠️

I make my way into the kitchen grabbing a mixing bowl and the ingredients for brownies.

As I finished stirring the ingredients I preheated the oven and pour the mix into a pan.

I then decide to watch Snapchat stories while waiting for the oven to preheat. Swiping from stories I came across Mooses to see him and Jaz dancing to Usher.

I smile at their happy faces hoping they would eventually take eachother serious. Swiping again Shayla's story appeared, there was a picture of Jace kissing her cheek while she was smiling from ear to ear.

The oven beeps and I smile widely placing the brownies in the oven with a timer.

She will definitely be receiving some interrogation from me tomorrow.

I go back into my room turning on a classic tonight "High School Musical."

Yes here I am wearing my Nikes sweatshirt and sweat pants with my hair tied up in a messy bun on a Saturday night.

Says no college student ever.

After a while the oven beeps and I turn the oven off and place the brownies on the stove when a knock sounds at the door.

I open the door revealing a very nicely dressed Kayden.

He currently has on a fitted black suit enhancing his muscles and black dress pants and his overgrown curly hair was tousled on his head.

Again there is no denying his attractiveness.

I still stand at the door in shock making no indication to move.

He looks down at me "Can we talk?"

I nod my head slowly stepping aside allowing him to enter.

"We can go to my room. That's were I'm stationed for the night." I say.

He says nothing but I hear his footsteps follow behind me.

We enter my room and I station myself on the bed while he decides to stand although there is a perfectly sturdy chair behind him.

I look at him expectantly.

"Why didn't you come tonight?" He asks in a tone that indicates he knows exactly why.

I open my mouth to speak before closing it again.

He looks at me awaiting an answer but I don't say anything.

"I wasn't in the mood to go." I finally say shrugging my shoulders.

"Is it because of yesterday?" He ask after a wave of silence passes.

I look at him stunned.

Again I open my mouth in shock at the forwardness "I don't know what your talking about." I say.

He shakes his head at my answer "Kali" he says seriously.

"What? I don't know what you want me to say." I blurt.

"I want you to be honest." He stated firmly.

"And what makes you think I'm not doing that?" I argue defensively.

He scoffs shaking his head almost in disappointment.

I look at him starting to get upset with the impromptu therapy session "If you want to say something just say it." I respond bluntly.

He swallows deeply before asking "Do you have feelings for me?" He questions assertively.

Again stunned I was.

And you know what else I was? Tachycardic. Meaning that I'm pretty sure my heart was beating over 100 beats per a minute.

I blink in shock, caught off guard.

I couldn't admit it.

"Kayden." I say as if I was offended he would accuse me of having feelings.

He then approached my lofted bed still being taller than it. He towered over me placing a strand that fell out of my messy bun behind my ear.

I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly.

"Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way he wanted me too.

He placed a finger under my chin tilting my head for me to look him in his eyes "Feelings." He says with no hesitation.

I crease my eyebrows not wanting to believe that he actually feels the same way I do.

As if he read my mind he said "I do." Confirming it for me again as if he could sense my overthinking.

"Now I'm going to ask you again." He says with his finger still under my chin.

"Do you have feelings for me?" He asks deeply.

I look into his eyes before glancing down at his lips.

I tilt my head up placing my lips on his. He does not move for second and I pull away embarrassed at my actions.

Not even a second later he cupped his hand on the front of neck kissing me deeply in one swift motion.

I place my hand over his tilting my head to give him more access.

"Kali we brought you a cake." I hear Shayla 's voice say before I hear Jace saying "Oh shit."