Chapter Fourteen - Road to State

This week was pretty much a blur. It consisted of a lot of studying because the school of nursing decided it was smart to put two exams within the same week of each other.

Not to mention I had clinical all three days this week. So imagine how tired I am.

Well how tired we are.

I guess that's one gift nursing school gave me. My girls. Instead of enduring it alone, I am lucky of enough to have them.

However, this week didn't stop us in being supportive of the guys. It is currently Saturday and we are driving to the state game.

It's four hours away in Atlanta.

In order for neither team to seem as though they are receiving advantage they have to play on neutral court that is not owned by neither team.

So they are playing at the Atlanta Hawks team stadium.

Which I can't lie it's pretty neat being as though they are playing on a NBA court. I've never been to an NBA game so this is about the closest I'll get to it.

"Are we there yet?" Shayla dragged as she laid her head against the passenger window.

Jaz sighed from behind the wheel "No for the fifth time today Shayla."

I snickered at my two friends from the back seat.

Jaz quickly looked at me from the rear view mirror with a smirk "and what's so funny back there" she asked in amusement.

I shook my head trying to contain my laughter "nothing."

Atlanta traffic is crazy. Definitely a city I would not like to drive in if I do say so myself.

Due to the length of the drive and craziness of the traffic we had decided to book a room for the night ahead of time.

Smart move on our part.

"We are about twenty minutes out if that makes you feel better." Jaz finally said looking over at Shayla.

"But we have to stop at the hotel first and check in and it might be nice to go ahead and put our bags in there too." She said to us.

"Okay works for me." I spoke up from the back seat.

I sat up in my seat looking over the middle console to see Shayla asleep "Is she sleep?" I whispered to Jaz.

Jaz lifted her sunglasses on her head stopping at the red light and looking over at Shayla.

"She waits twenty minutes in when we are here to sleep. When she been on my head about when we we're gonna get here the whole time." She muttered.

"I'm sick of her." She said laughing at our friend.

After about twenty minutes we arrived at the hotel just like Jaz stated we would. Shayla and I sat in the car while she ran in and checked us in.

She entered back in the car "Here are your keys girls." She said handing us each a key to the room we all shared.

I love our travel mom.

Everyone needs a travel mom. Not Jaz though she's ours. But yeah definitely invest in one.

We then park in the parking garage and grab our bags heading to our room. We enter the room to a beautiful view. As soon as we enter there is a living room and big windows that show the view of the city.

Very nice.

Then there are two separate rooms. One has two full beds while the other has one queen size bed.

"Driver calls the master room." Jaz said running into the room to jump on the bed as claim.

I smile walking towards the doorway of the room "I agree. It's yours." I give in with no argument and Shayla nods in agreement.

"Okay so we have about an hour and a half to turn into baddies." Shayla said happily.

We started getting ready throwing on our Lawford jerseys. Today I decided to do an oversized red Lawford jersey with black leggings and red Jordan's.

My natural curly hair was already straightened for today so that was a plus. And I did a natural makeup look.

Shayla wore a Lawford crop shirt with high waisted pants. While Jaz wore a Lawford hoodie and high waisted ripped jeans.

We all looked cute.

We of course had to take our mirror pics together. And then took our individual pictures. I posted mine on my story since it's the first time I've gotten cute this week.

After taking pictures we left the room and headed to the game. I have to say this is the largest stadium I've ever seen.

The hawks logo was in the middle of the court floor and there was a big Jumbotron that was currently displaying player highlights.

It was also very crowded even with the amount of seat capacity the stadium had. We sat in the middle close enough to see the game by not close enough near the bottom seats.

Fifteen minutes later both teams began to make their way on the floor to warm up. I was able to spot the guys and they were in game mode.

Their face's were serious, even Moose's who we know is the jokester of the group.

The opposing team Nightinn also displayed determination on their face. Neither team came to joke around. Both wanted the championship and was ready to prove it.

"Is that? That's a scout." Shayla said raising her finger to point.

I squint my eyes lowering her finger down "Your not suppose to point." I whisper as if he can hear us.

He was sitting on the opposite side of the stadium so there was no chance he would hear us. But if he has amazing vision he maybe could've seen pointing.

"But how do you know?" I whispered curiously.

He was surely dressed like one. He had on a black cap, button up shirt, and dress pants. He also had a iPad in hand.

"I just know. He's giving that vibe." She said with a finger on her chin.

Jaz looked over at us and giggled "Who needs a podcast when I have y'all." She commented.

"I hope they win today. I've literally never seen them look this serious before." Shayla confirmed.

I looked on the court to see them in line practicing shooting three's one by one. Then switching to dunking depending on the players willingness to display it right now.

I waited to see if scrub was going to show it off. He then ran to the goal dunking hanging from the rim a second or two before dropping back down passing the ball to the next player in line.

That's my guy.