Chapter Eleven - Rivalry

"Go Jace!" Shayla screamed loudly over the crowd.

I bumped her shoulder "Careful or your gonna go mute again." I say giggling while Shayla covered her mouth with wide eyes.

The teams were warming up for the game.

Well our team.

Riverside have not yet appeared.

"I'm gonna go get some popcorn." I say before making my way through the doors to the concession stand.

I sigh in response to the long line. The game will be started by the time I finally get my food.

Eventually I made it to the front of the line and order not only popcorn but hotdogs to treat myself for the long wait.

I made my way back into the arena and took my seat. "Would y'all like some popcorn?" I ask before getting myself situated in my seat.

Jaz shook her head stating she was fine while Shayla poured some in a napkin.

"And there goes Blakeeeee Rider with another slam dunk!" The announcer hyped over the speaker.

I began eating my popcorn locking eyes on the game. Both teams were very close in score. There was even more people this game.

Which I assume is because the rivalry between Riverside and Lawford being as though both Universities are within the same city.

There has never been any ill or malicious ways arising from either team. It had always been an fun rivalry to hype up because the players get along so well.

Shayla leaned over Jaz while Jaz pushed her face a little teasingly. "Hey I'm not going to lie player in jersey 11 is killing it." She commented indicating she was talking about the opposing team.

I depan "They're our rivals Shayla."

She leaned back from Jaz toward her seat with her hands up. "I'm just giving props when it's due."

I look toward the jersey number 11 to feed her curiosity. He looked familiar from here.

"And that's number Eleven Blakeeeee Rider with the three." The announcer hyped.

Blake?

I think I know him.

♠️♠️♠️

"Shayla what number drink is this?" I asked as she grab yet another shot.

She brought it up to her lips swallowing it before shrugging her shoulders.

I shook my head with a small smile. I took one shot when we got here but I never do more than that because I am for sure a light weight.

Being as though I don't drink.

Jaz didn't drink anything stating she would be the designated driver because she hardly drinks. Which is true.

Shayla pumped her fist in the air as the guys approached us "Winners winners winners."

They all smiled at Shayla's drunkenness "Alright whose monitoring her?" Jace questioned us.

"Oh you said your on Shayla duty? All yours." Jaz responded giving Jace a shoulder pat.

Jace gave a puzzled look before looking towards me "Oh yeah that's a good idea." I say before taking off into the crowd.