16

OUT NOW ON WATTPAD

The Alpha's Mistress

This is my first ever dual POV werewolf romance and it's been so fun to write! I hope you check it out now on Wattpad! (:

Word Count: 1780

~Hunter

I don't hesitate a moment longer, flinging myself into his arms.

He crushes me into his, his arms wrapping so tightly around them the breath is nearly pulled completely from my lungs. His familiar smell floods my senses, bringing back memories I thought I left behind.

"Edgar...I missed you so much," I mumble into his chest.

It takes everything in me not to choke of my growing emotions. I wasn't sure I would ever see Edgar again. I was convinced he would be suffocated up in the drama of me leaving, forced to move on and pretend I don't exist.

Edgar pulls away, holding my shoulders. He shakes them a little, a grave look on his face.

"You idiot. How did you end up here?" He questions.

"It's a long story. How did you end up here?" I tug at his apron, at the cuttings hanging out the front pocket. He even wears gardening gloves, which is an amusing switch from the Edgar I once knew.

He peels off the gloves at my scrutiny. "I followed you."

My eyes widen. No. He can't be serious.

"What...how?" I demand.

That wasn't part of the plan. No one was supposed to know I was leaving, no even Edgar. I could risk telling anyone, as desperate as I was to share my plan with my best friend.

Edgar was my only connection to the outside back home. My family didn't know he existed, and any spare time I had, I was begging for his attention, for a sense of normality.

He truly was my best friend. I hated leaving him behind.

"You really think I didn't see how desperate you were to escape? When he hit you that night, I figured that was it, that you would run, so I followed you," he explains, glancing back behind him to make sure no one is listening in.

I smack his shoulder lightly. "This whole time you were following me?"

"You're my best friend, Livia. Of course I followed you," he breathes, sweeping his hand through his straight brown locks.

A gentle rain starts to fall, pattering against my cheeks. "I'm Hunter now."

"So I've heard." That familiar wry smile touches his lips. "But you're still my Livia."

I let him hug me again, because it feels good. It's the only piece of my old life I miss. Here, I have Tay, and Azura, I suppose, but I'm still back to being promised to a man I don't want.