25| Rupture

A. Devereaux

I woke up and Charles wasn't in bed anymore. I looked to the bedside table to grab my phone but saw a note from him instead.

Sorry, I had to leave early. Have to sort something out on the track. I'll see you later.

- Charles

Why didn't he just wake me up? I wouldn't have minded. I grabbed my phone from the bedside and was immediately met with a text.

 I grabbed my phone from the bedside and was immediately met with a text

God, I do love Charles. He has to know that. That's why this is all so difficult for me. It's because I fell in love with him. There was no specific moment, it just happened because of who he is and how he treated me.

It was like my love grew bit by bit with every thing he did for me. He was patient, he was kind, and he respected me as a person and a driver.

My heart swelled

My heart swelled. What have I done to deserve both these men? I must have been a saint in a past life.
With newfound courage, I got myself ready for racing day.

_____

C. Leclerc

"Alexandra, what the fuck are you doing here in Australia, go home," I warned but she just smiled and said, "Don't you see I'm trying to support you here? I don't know why you put up with Artemis. She's not your type."

"It's none of your business," I snapped and she just tuts me then says, "It will be my business because I found something that might make you not want to be with her anymore. Artemis has been lying to you."

"No she hasn't and stop trying to get in my head about her and Carlos. I'm sure she has a good reason about that. She chose me not him, she'll tell me when she's ready," I defended Artemis. I wasn't going to let someone from my past ruin my image of her.

"Ugh, fine but I had you first and I should still have you Charles," she said as she moved closer to me but I only took a step back, "Her mother was a prostitute. Her grandfather could only do so much to cover that up. That's why her own father didn't want her. The great Niki Lauda may be an amazing race driver but he's no PR person."