Ch.4.3 (1/3) Commitment

Commitment
Ch.4.3
(1/3)

Theo's pov

Crap! I knew it was gonna turn out positive but I wasn't ready for it to really turn out positive. Oh no, what should I do now? Ugh, why does this have to happen when everything was finally going well in my life?

"Daddy, why are you crying?"

"It's nothing sweetie go to your room."

"Ok..."

What do I do now...? Nathan is barely back in my life. 10 years ago, he didn't want to do anything to do with Moonlight and it scares me that it might be this time as well.

I know he's slowly changing his mind regarding Moonlight and even if he might want to be a part of her life, he is still sure as hell not ready to accept this reality. He has yet to become a true father to Moonlight. I mean he still hasn't met her yet...

Argh, why does this have to happen now? I have to get up and go make dinner for Moonlight. She'll be curious about what's happening if I don't even make her some dinner. She already saw me crying.

Oh gosh...I can't bring myself to accept the fact I'm pregnant...I really am...I guess I'll have to schedule a doctor's appointment.

My family and my friends don't even know that Nathan is back in my life and now I'm pregnant. What are they gonna think when they find out about it? They surely will be even more furious at Nathan.

They already hate him for what he's done to me, I don't want to imagine how worse it's gonna be when they find out that he's back in my life. I have to stop stressing myself out. It's not good for me to be that stressed.

Tomorrow it's Friday...hmm, I think I should ask Nathan to go to a restaurant tomorrow. I really have to tell him unless it'll be unfair for him. I know I could wait a little bit since I am at risk of miscarrying but I don't want to hide it from him.

And besides, I need to get this over with sooner rather than later. If he doesn't want to do anything with the baby then I need to know because...last time we basically stopped talking to each other because of it. So, I'm scared of how he'll react.

Ugh, I know it's too much to ask but...I still wish...he'd still stick with me after that news. I hope to god he learned from his past mistakes, I don't want to lose him again because he can't handle the thought of being a parent.

Even if it's that, without that news is he ready to make it work? Oh gosh, I really hope for the best.

——————

After Moonlight and I had eaten, I decided to call Nathan to ask him to go to the restaurant and he luckily agreed. Past Nathan would have refused but present Nathan seems quite different. I hope it's a good thing.

Ok, we already went to a restaurant once in the last few weeks but ever since we met each other again, we always end up hooking up. So, this time around, I don't want to engage in sexual activity.

Anyway, I made sure Nathan understood that and he seemed to accept my decision luckily. He also briefly asked about Moonlight which warms my heart.

Knowing what I have to tell him tomorrow makes me so guilty. He's finally making an effort to be affectionate and here I am about to break that...Ugh...

I just hope everything will be alright.

—————-

"Here you are. I've been waiting for a few minutes already."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, do you like the restaurant I've chosen?"

"Yeah, I like how fancy it is. It doesn't look ridiculously expensive but it seems nice."