Chapter - 03

-Shivansh Singh Raghuvanshi

I quickly got ready in my sherwani, after having a talk with Advik, and went out look at the arrangements, everything is arranged well, we were waiting  out for Advik to come  "they are taking a lot of time", I sighed saying this, all the elders were in and taking time which did not settled with me, "I will go in and check", I said while moving in, "bhai we will also come with you", Aarya and Aaryan said  I nodded and they followed me. We all went in his room and saw that all they elders were sitting there stressed, Advik and  Aarav was no were seen.

"Badi maa, aur kitni der it's time", Aaryan said coming in, they looked towards us, "what's the matter, why are you all stressed and where is Advik", I asked moving close to them, dad sighed and gave me a letter saying "he ran away Ansh", making us shock I quickly took the letter and read it.

Hello Everyone

I am sorry dad, mom, bhai and everyone of you for disappointing you all, I really don't wanted to do this, I know this is wrong but I just can't marry her  if possible please forgive me.

I am sorry

-Advik

As soon as I read the letter, I quickly got out my phone and dialed his number, but it was switched off, "its of no use now Ansh, he is gone", dad said and I look towards him he seemed helpless, "no dad he might have not gone too far I will talk to him, I will find him", I said and tried to go out to find him when dad called me, "Ansh stop", I went and sat beside him, "now what we will do all the guests have arrived what are we gonna say to the bride and her family", mom said while crying and bua and choti maa were consoling her, "Advik ne ye theek nahi kiya agar usse ye rishta nahi karna tha toh usse pehle hi mana kar dena chahiye tha is tarah bhaag ne kya matlab hua", dada said getting angry.

Advik did not do this right, he should have talked to me atleast before taking this drastic step, why did he even agree when he did not wanted to marry her.

We all were discussing about what to do next when mom  looked at me, I went to her she took my hand in hers and said "Ansh now you can only save this situation", she said making me confused I looked at her with confusion, when dad said, "marry her Ansh in place of Advik", I was shocked at his words how can he say that, I looked at mom and she nodded at me which made me more angry, I left her hand and stood up.

"What are you guys even saying, have you all lost it, I can't marry her", I said that in anger and quickly stormed out of the room, and sat down on the bed trying to calm myself how can they even think about this. Mom and dad came  in I was still angry on their words, dad came and sat beside me, "Ansh I know I am doing wrong but please beta, do this for me, think about the bride's family, it's the matter of  our reputation , please I could not have asked you if I would have any other choice", he said pleading me, which was making me guilty  "dad please don't plead me like this you are making me guilty", I said in disbelief.

"Ansh please just for us marry her", mom said looking at me hopefully and I closed my eyes thinking about all this. I opened my eyes and looked at them, "fine I will marry her but I have some conditions", I said and they took a sigh and asked my the conditions, "first I don't want this news to be leaked  in media, or to anyone other than the family", I said and they both nodded, "and at last, I am marrying her just because of you both, and you both know that, so please don't expect anything from me in this relationship, I will get ready", I said and they both looked at me with guilt I went out to get ready.

I quickly got ready in the sherwani which was for the groom  and went out, after sometime we reached the hall I sat in the mandap, the priest called the bride, she came and sat beside me. The priest was reciting the mantras he asked us to get up for the phere , we stood up and started moving around the holy fire, we completed it and took our seats, the priest asked me to tie the mangalsutra (nuptical chain) around her neck, I tied it and then took the sindoor (vermillion) to fill in her forehead, that's when I saw her.

Her blue eyes which were filled with tears, I could not move my eyes from her face, the tears from her eyes were hurting me and I could not understand why, I quickly put the sindoor on her and moved my gaze away from her. All the rituals got completed and the priest announced us husband and wife and asked us to take the blessings from elders. After all the things we were in alone with our families and that's when I took off my sehera and sat down and she sat beside me and took off the veil from her face and we both looked at each other, she looked at me with wide eyes and after sometime asked me "who are you?", more like whispered .

I looked towards me family and they all looked shocked and mom came  and asked "why are you here?", making me shocked and confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man wearing a mask and cap was running on the streets in search of a cab and after some time he found a cab he quickly went there and sat in at the same time, a lady wearing a burqa also entered from the other door and sat down, they both looked at each other, "excuse me Ms I came in first, you can wait for the next cab", the man said calmly, "well mister I saw this cab first and also I am in hurry, why don't you take the next cab", she replied in the same tone.

"Why should I, it's you who should get down, so get down I am in hurry too", he said, "no way I am not getting down", she said they soon started arguing.

"Where do you both want to go", the driver asked stepping in "railway station", they both answered together and looked at each other, "aap dono ki manzil ek hi hai, toh aap dono saath mein kyun nahi safar kar lete, chaliye aapko apki manzil tak pahuchaya jaaye", the driver said them they, they both agreed not having any other choice.

The ride was silent and soon they reached their destination, they got down and went in. They were late and saw that there is ready to leave the platform, "oh no, don't leave without me", the lady shouted and run towards the train the man was also running behind her, the lady stepped in and at the same time the train started with the jerk with made her imbalanced and she was about fall, when the man saved her by holding her from behind, her body stiffened when he held his waist from behind they stood there for some time when he break the silence saying "you are safe miss", making her come out of her thoughts, she quickly came out from his grip, mumbled a thank you and they both went and settled down on their seats which were opposite to each other.

The lady went to the restroom, and removed her burqa, she came and sat down on her seat, and looked at the man in front of him, he had removed his mask, they both were looking at each other, with shock, surprise and full confusion

"What the hell are you doing here?", they shouted together.