Chapter 2

The second that Alex got to school the next day, she was met with Elena Gilbert.

"Hey, Alex right?" She asks, meeting the girl at her locker.

"Yeah, you're elena right? Stefans girlfriend?" Alex wonders, looking at the girl with a slight suspicion.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to sit with my friends for lunch? My brother mentioned how you had your lunch with Ric yesterday.." Elena questions, beginning to ramble almost in a nervous tone, as if she was worried the girl would say no.

"I'd love to." Alex smiles as the other girl, the witch, joins us. "So whats the deal with Stefans brother? He seemed as if he wanted to tear someones head off yesterday." She says with a chuckle, grabbing her books from her locker noticing how Bonnie's heartrate spiked a lot at the mention of Damon. She mentally noted that the witch isn't fond of him.

"that's just Damon. Homicidal maniac." Bonnie jokes but Alex could note the truth behind his words.

"So stay clear of him. My dad would not be impressed." Alex responds, turning to face the bennett. "Neither would Ric."

"So how come you live with Mr Saltzman?" Elena questions, getting to know the new girl.

"Hometown drama. My dad and brother are still in LA but I needed a break and Ric offered to let me stay here with him." Alex explains looking at the two confused faces of the girls. "2 of my friends died in a mugging. Tragic and depressing so I moved because everything I looked at reminded me of them." The two girls looked at her in sympathy before they said their goodbyes, talking about Damon attacking them last night or something along those lines. Alex stayed under the radar for the first half of the day, eavesdropping on a conversation where Stefan and Elena discuss a new vampire that needs to be stopped.

By the time it came to lunch, Alex reluctantly joined the Gilbert and her friends for lunch, which wasn't as bad as she initially thought. Their friend Caroline joined them too and they were able to discuss fashion together, something which reminded the Stilinski of Allison, but she pushed those thoughts back as Caroline offered to go shopping with her some time.

<<<~~~>>>

"Why do I have to be at a career fair?" Alex asks Alaric with a sigh.

"Because I do and technically you are under my wing." Alaric responds with a nod but Alex still didn't want to be here.

"But I already know what im going to do. My best friends dad works for the FBI and he was going to get me into a training programme." Alex explains, loud enough for the sheriff to hear, causing her attention to drift to the Stilinksi girl for a moment, begore the mayor joins her. "I don't get places that have Mayors who go to every event." Alex whispers to Alaric in a gossipy fashion.

"Have you not met Tyler? He's his kid." Alaric responds.

"oh." Alex hums, eavesdropping on what he was saying to the sheriff

'So what do we do now'
'Nothing new to report yet. My highly reliable deputies are all on alert, but if you feel the need to be more proactive, by all means grab a stake and have at it.'
'What extra precautions can we take'
'for right now, there is nowhere safer than a crowded public place, and for once, Mayor, we actually know where our kids are.'

"Interesting." She muses to herself, moving with Ric as he locates a woman called Jenna. The gilberts guardian.

"Hey Elena, Jenna" He smiles, looking at the two.

"Hi Mr Saltzman, Alex." She responds, looking at the two.

"Yeah, I was hoping to see you tonight." Alaric says looking directly to Jenna.