Chapter 17

Alex wakes up in the morning with a groan; she locates her surroundings and sees she's in the Salvatore house. The previous night flashes before her eyes, and she sighs. She gets out of bed and finds a note on the bedside table.

'Went to lake house to update Elena and Stefan. Go to the old Fell Property and keep an eye on Jenna. She's givng Mr Smith a tour. - Xoxo Damon'

"Great." Alex mutters, finding some clothes with a towel at the edge of the bed. She assumes it was some of Rose's that she left behind before she headed off to travel the world. She hops in the shower and changes into the clothes before making her way to the woods. She quickly picks up Jenna's scent and finds her talking with Elijah. "Jenna!" Alex shouts, giving them both a smile as she makes her way over to the pair. She pulls Jenna into a hug and awkwardly looks at Elijah as she pulls away. "Fancy bumping into you guys here. What are you up to?"

Jenna smiles, not noticing the lie, but Elijah does. "I'm taking Elijah on a tour of the historical sights of Mystic Falls for Mrs Lockwood."

"Ahh amazing!" Alex exclaims. "You guys don't mind if i tag along, do you?" 

Elijah smirks at the attempt to join the pair. "Not at all."

"More the merrier." Jenna states, walking side by side with Alex and Elijah at either side. She continues the tour and stops at the old fell property. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence."

"ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah snarks sarcaastically.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asks with chuckle.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled alomost two full centuries earlier." Elijah reveals and Alex has to prevent herself from laughing. "It was migration of townsfolk from the northeast."

"Salem?" Alex questions, looking from Jenna to Elijah who nods.

"Massachusetts? As in the Witch trials?" Jenna wonders.

Elijah nods his head. "Which means that the ever-lauded founding families.. didn't actually find anything."

"Can't wait to tell Damon, might knock him down a peg or two." Alex laughs.

"Yeah, i bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna remarks.

Elijah looks at Alex for a slight second before hearing the footsteps of Alaric. "Yes they are."

"Elijah, this is my... friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduces as Alex cringes at the term friend. "Oh, and Alex's uncle."

"Yeah.." Alaric trails off, looking at Alex in confusion at Jenna's words but she simply shrugs. "I got your message about walking Elijah through the old property lines. I thought i would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

Elijah simply dismisses the intrusion and continues the ruse for Jenna. "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American History."

"Well, i only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna smiles before leaving the trio. Alaric immediately looks at Alex.

"What are you doing here? You should be resting." He scorns.

"Damon left a note. I'm fine." Alex shrugs and Elijah interrupts their conversation.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah remarks.

"So is Jenna and Alex." Alaric counters.