Chapter 5

Ric was dead. Well, for about an hour. Damon killed him, even after his deal that he made with Alex but that didn't seem to matter to him. What did was getting some weird sense of justice after failing to find some girl in the tomb. Katherine, Alex learned was the name of the girl. Who also happened to be Elenas Doppelganger. Ric and Alex kept to themselves, knowinf that there was now a full tomb of vampires on the prowl around mystic falls, they believed that it would be best to be safe.

Alex was interrupted with a phone call. It was Ric.

"Whats up?" Alex ponders through the fun, packing up her revision materials from her bed, finally finishing her homework.

"I need you to come to the school." Alaric vaguely responds.

"You want me to come to school? I left like 2 hours ago." Alex groans, grabbing her shoes to leave the apartment. She hears some words go back and forth on the otherside of the phonecall before she hears Damons voice.

"Get your ass down here Stilinksi." He demands and hangs up the phone. Alex lets out a sigh, knowing that there is something wrong for Damon to go to Alaric for help. She pulls on her leather jacket and left the apartment, grabbing her keys out of the dish and drove towards the school. She gets out of the car and makes her way through the school hallways pausing when she picked up the Gilberts scent as well as Damons. No Stefan, she noted. She entered the class room to see the group stood around Rics desk.

"Look at you guys getting all cosy. Whats going on?" Alex asks with sarcasm.

"Stefan has been kidnapped by some vampires, just thought you would be an extra help." Damon says with a wink, showing that he means her other attributes.

"I would love to, but you broke my deal." Alex counters.

"He tried to kill me, I was defending myself." Damon argues, walking closer to the girl.

"I gave you that information so you wouldn't hurt him. You also didn't have to kill hin, you could have knocked him out or something." Alex dismisses.

"What information?" Elena and Alaric ask in unison.

"She told me where to find the spell for the tomb." Damon reveals. "We made a deal, I wouldn't hut her or the teacher if she worked with me to open the tomb. She helped and I killed him."

"So forgive me if im unwilling to cooperate with the Stefan search party." She scoffs, only gaining confused looks from Alaric and Elena. Both for two different reasons. Alaric didn't understand why she sacrificed information in order to protect him and her, whereas elena didn't realise how involved she was with Damon.

Damon gives her a pleading look, so she relents. "Fine, what happened to him?"

"He was taken by the vampires in the tomb. Hes being held hostage because of me and we need to save him. The owner of the house has been compelled to never let me inside, so I cant actually enter the house. Which falls to you and Ric to go in, get Stefan and get out."

"I would go but.." Elena adds but gets cut off by Damon.

"Her life is valuable. You two on the other hand?" Damon counters.

"Stefan mentioned your ring, and Damon seems to understand that you're a good fighter." Elena says, looking from alaric to Alex.

"What about it?" Ric questions.

"Let me recap, you tried to kil me. I defended myself. You died. Then according to my brother, your ring brought you back to life. Am I leaving anything out?" Damon asks.

"They part where I try to kill you again. Only this time I don't miss." Alaric begins to threaten, taking a step forward but Alex intercepts.

"Please, it's Stefan." Elena pleads.