Chapter 10

Scott and Stiles phoned Deaton in advance, preparing him for Derek when they arrived at the Animal Clinic. They rushed into the animal clinic and lay Derek down on the table, showing Deaton the shocking transformation.

"Wow." Deaton says in astonishment.

"Wow? Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." Stiles questions.

"I think you might be overestimating his abilities." Alex counters, grabbing onto Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold." She informs the group, subconsciously rubbing her finger across his hand.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott questions.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton reveals, shining a light into his eyes. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questions.

"Until he wakes up?" Deaton questions. "Probably not much." He reveals and the group let out a defeated sigh. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questions.

"If she's alive and she is, what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton explains.

"Why would she do this to him?" Alex muses aloud, wondering why she would take him back to when he was a teenager.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton answers her question and Alex nods.

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles scoffs and Deaton slowly nods his head.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night." Deaton says, rather concerned about the young teenagers. "And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott tells him at the same time Derek squeezes Alex's hand.

"I'll stay." Alex volunteers. "I'm no longer in that school, perks of moving away."

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles disagrees.

"Guys, go." She demands.

"No." Stiles says, shaking his head and Alex turns to look at Scott, the reasonable one out of the group.

"Text us if anything happens." Scott questions and Alex nods her head.

"Nope, still not okay with it." Stiles disagrees, getting dragged by Lydia and Scott. "Not going anywhere." He continues to persist. "All right, just aus you're both stronger." He reluctantly agree, getting dragged out of the room. leaving Alex and Deaton. Alex waits a while, until she knows that Scott and Stiles are gone, before turning to Deaton.

"I need to ask you something." Alex says, looking at the Druid. He gestures her to continue so she does. "Who the hell is Klaus?"

Deaton freezes, something Alex could see clearly. "How did you hear that name?"

"Araya. I asked her for information on Doppelgangers and she said not tell anyone because of him." Alex responds, looking at the man for further detail.

"He's an original." Deaton informs and Alex nods her head.

"An original vampire? Deucalions book said there was 5 of them. So he's one of them? What does he need a doppelganger for?" Alex ponders aloud, not really expecting Deaton to have answers for her.

"Doppelgangers are commonly used in spells, they're a loophole for witches. Most notably for the sun and the moon curse. Vampire and werewolves have been fighting to break this curse for years. Rumors has it that if a vampire breaks it they can walk in the daylight and if werewolves break it, they no longer suffer under a full moon." Deaton elaborates and she nods her head in acknowledgement, knowing hes talking about the other kind of werewolves.