one, chilton and cheerleading

CHAPTER ONE, chilton and cheerleading( episode one: pilot )★★★

( episode one: pilot )
★★★

TUESDAY
AUGUST 22ND, 2000

     FALL MORNINGS IN STARS HOLLOW WERE ALWAYS A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT. Leaves the color of fire and pumpkins at every corner and windowsill, as well as colorful scarves and gloves and smells of baked treats from the restaurants and homes on the main streets. On this particular morning, Rosie and Rory Gilmore were walking to their favorite place in Stars Hollow, Luke's Diner, to meet their mother before school.

"...And Molly Blanche is totally a skank." Rosie informed her sister, her hands buried in the pockets of her coat.

Rory paid no mind to her sister's gossiping, instead she was deep in her thoughts. "Are you sure you didn't take my CD?" she questioned, interrupting Rosie's tall tales.

"Swear on my favorite jeans," replied Rosie, who had already told her sister she hadn't taken it two times before this. Rory sighed, turning and opening the door to Luke's, where their mother sat inside.

"Hey, it's freezing." Rory greeted, as she sat down across from her mother. Rosie sat in the middle of the two, waving to Luke, the titular owner of the diner.

"Oh, what do you need? Hot tea, coffee?" questioned Lorelai.

"Lip gloss."

"Aha." Lorelai dug into her purse for a small makeup bag, setting it down on the table. "I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow."

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?" asked Rory.

"Yes." the woman answered, rummaging through her bag once again for another makeup bag. "It has no smell but it changes colors with your mood."

Rosie grabbed for the bag sat in front of her. "I call dibs on toasted marshmallow." she announced, unzipping the bag. She pulled out the tube and uncapped it, sliding it across her bottom lip.

"God, RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup." remarked Rory.

"Well, you're crabby." Lorelai remarked, making Rosie laugh in agreement as she popped her lips, spreading the flavored lip gloss over both lips.

"I'm sorry..." apologized Rory. "I lost my Macy Gray CD and I need caffeine."

"Ooh, I have your CD." Lorelai informed her daughter, pulling it out of her bag.

Rory furrowed her eyebrows, stating, "thief."

"Sorry, and I will get you some coffee." Lorelai told her girls, heading over to the counter to pester Luke for two more cups of coffee.