two, boys

CHAPTER TWO, boys( episode one: pilot )★★★

CHAPTER TWO, boys
( episode one: pilot )
★★★

THURSDAY
AUGUST 24TH, 2000

      THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL, IT WAS MUCH EASIER TO BE HAPPY FOR ROSIE AFTER HER TALK WITH DYLAN. she wore her new cheer uniform, which was red and white. although she was happy for her sister, she was still sad that rory would be leaving. helping her sister empty out her locker was making her feel more gloomy than before.

"and we get to wear uniforms!" rory explained to lane excitedly as she put the last of her things into the box. "no more having people check you out to see what jeans you're wearing 'cause everyone's dressed alike in boring clothes and just there to learn."

"okay, there's academic-minded and then there's amish." lane remarked, making rosie laugh.

rory shut her locker and they began to walk down the hallway. "funny." she replied, rolling her eyes.

"thank you!" lane replied teasingly. "so i told my mom you're changing schools."

"was she thrilled?"rory questioned.

"the party's on friday— although she's a bit sad you're staying, rosie."

lane's mother was not the biggest fan of the twins, and she was quite obvious about it. lane assured them it was just because their mother was unmarried. "aw, maybe i'll apply to chilton too." rosie teased.

"i gotta go. i have to have a pre-hayride cup of tea with a future doctor." lane tells the girls. "how do i look? korean?" she hands rory the few things she was holding.

"spitting image." rory assures her.

"good. bye." lane said, walking away.

"bye." rory and rosie called after her.

as rosie went to grab the things lane had handed back to rory, she heard dylan calling her name from down the hall. "one sec," rosie told her sister, turning to face the boy, who was stood beside ashley.

she walked quickly down the hall, joining the two. ashley had a book held tight against her chest, paired with excited looks from both her and dylan. rosie was intrigued by this, noticing it as soon as she got close.