five, emily gilmore gets her way

CHAPTER FIVE, emilygilmore gets her way( episode three: kill me now )★★★

CHAPTER FIVE, emily
gilmore gets her way
( episode three: kill me now )
★★★

FRIDAY
SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2000

     THE GILMORES WERE HAVING ANOTHER FRIDAY DINNER, ALTHOUGH THIS TIME IT WAS GOING SMOOTHER THAN THE LAST. although lorelai was currently arguing with her parents over the fact that they didn't know their cook's name.

rosie wasn't really paying attention. she was extremely exhausted from dance and cheer practice. 

her schedule was getting more and more packed as the weather got colder. tuesday and thursday was cheer practice, friday were games— starting the following week—, although fortunately for rosie that meant she got to skip friday dinners. monday, wednesday and saturdays she had dance and tuesday and thursday, after cheer, she had figure skating. she still hadn't made her decision on working for ms. patty.

the topic changed to the fact that there was a lorelai before rory and lorelai, richard's mother.

she was thinking about quitting cheerleading. even though she was super excited to be on the team, it was just a lot to juggle. she was conflicted though, because she looked so cute in the outfit and skipping dinners was a plus.

"so, lorelai, how are things at that charming little inn of yours?"

"mm, they're still charming and little." lorelai said, staying calm. rosie honestly didn't know how she kept her composure when her mother made such comments. "we're just crossing our fingers it doesn't assert itself and become rude and large."

"mom's having a huge wedding there this week." rory inserted.

"really?" emily asked, seemingly interested.

lorelai nodded, softening up. "yeah, actually there's people coming from all over the country."

"well, isn't that nice?" emily commented. she looked across the table now, at her granddaughter. "rory, how's chilton?"