nine, cat fight

CHAPTER NINE, cat fight( episode four: the deer hunters )★★★

( episode four: the deer hunters )
★★★

TUESDAY
SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2000

      THE NEXT DAY, AT SCHOOL, ROSIE AND HER FRIENDS SAT IN THE CAFETERIA, EATING THEIR LUNCH. rosie was retelling the story that both of her friends had already heard the previous night on the phone. "and, he opened the door for me and everything."

"we heard." ashley sighed, as she picked at her mac and cheese. "you know, me and dylan have a theory he's an axe murderer and you're his next victim."

dylan, who was shoveling mac and cheese into his mouth like it was the first time he'd eaten in months, nodded, wiping his mouth. "the body shop is a cover up." he informed her. "it's actually peters' and sons slaughter house."

"haha." the brunette sarcastically replied. "he's really sweet. you know how eric benson is, like, the really douchey type of jock?" they both nodded in reply. "well, teddy seems like that, but in reality, he's really sweet."

"you know, ted bundy's whole thing was that he seemed sweet." ashley informed her. "and—would you look at that— they're both named theodore."

rosie scoffed, telling her best friend, "you are drunk on delusion."

"i'm drunk on delusion?" ashley repeated in surprise.

"yes! teddy peters is not a serial killer, ash, i mean, be serious for a second!" 

"cat fight," dylan inserted, listening intently. he continued finishing off the food on his tray, wriggling his brows.

ashley set down her fork, running a hand through her hair, her posture straightening. "i know he's not a serial killer, ro." she assured the girl across the table. "i'm just saying, you barely know him and you're swooning over him like he's tom cruise! there are plenty of boys just like teddy peters in this world— even just in stars hollow, alone."

rosie's eyebrows furrowed and she stood up abruptly, crossing her arms across her chest. "what the hell, ash?" she asked, frowning. "this is the first guy in this stupid town that i've ever liked— can't you just let me have this?"