four, new beginnings

( mentions of domestic abuse!!! )

CHAPTER FOUR, new beginnings( episode two; the lorelais'first day at chilton )★★★

( episode two; the lorelais'
first day at chilton )
★★★

SUNDAY
AUGUST 27TH, 2000

     LORELAI, RORY AND ROSIE SAT ON THE PORCH, LORELAI PAINTING RORY'S TOE NAILS AS ROSIE SQUIRTED WHIPPED CREAM STRAIGHT FROM THE BOTTLE INTO HER MOUTH. "that's nice." lorelai sarcastically commented.

"thank you." rosie answered, her mouth full.

"don't move, please." lorelai told her other daughter as she focused on painting the nail red.

"so, why are you insisting on doing this." questioned rory. 

lorelai answered as if it was obvious, "well, because you're going to be starting private school tomorrow."

"yes, but i'm going to be wearing shoes. nobody's going to see my feet." rory reminds her mother.

"okay, but everybody knows that private school girls are bad. and bad girls always wear red nail polish." 

silence. 

in an attempt to break the silence, rosie asks, "are you nervous?"

"about what?" rory asks.

"about starting chilton." lorelai adds in.

"well i wasn't until i heard about all those bad girls." rory answered, making rosie and lorelai laugh.

lane ran up as fast as she could, shouting, "guys, guys! new cd! xtc. apple venus volume 2." lorelai immediately got up, running after the girl. 

"but you only finished half my toes!" rory called after her mother.

"who cares?! you're going to be wearing shoes anyway!" lorelai called back. rory and rosie rolled their eyes in unison before joining the two in the house as the first song on the cd played and lane danced in the window behind them.