three, dinner from hell

CHAPTER THREE, dinner from hell( episode one: pilot )★★★

( episode one: pilot )
★★★

FRIDAY
AUGUST 25TH, 2000

      FRIDAY SEEMED TO SLIP AWAY FAST AND DINNER SNUCK UP ON THE GILMORES QUICKLY. the three stood outside of the huge manor of richard and emily gilmore, lorelai's parents and the twins' grandparents. none of them wanted to go inside, especially not lorelai.

they had been staring at the door in front of them for at least five minutes, if not more. 

"so, do we go in or do we just stand here reenacting the little match girl?" rory questioned her mother. rosie sighed, her mother and sister were still fighting. this had never happened before and it seemed like it might never end. 

"okay, look, i know you and me are having a thing here and i know you hate me but i need you to be civil, at least through dinner and then on the way home you can pull a menendez. deal?"

rory looked to her mother, muttering in reply, "fine."

rosie went up to the door, hesitating to ring the doorbell. "mom, there's still time to leave." she told her, expecting her mother to be on board with this idea.

"rosie, ring it." lorelai commanded sternly.

so, she pressed the doorbell and within seconds she was faced with her grandmother. she put on a smile quickly, as if she were over the moon to see the woman, who was, in reality no more than an acquaintance to her.

"hi grandma." the twins said in unison. whenever they spoke at the same time, it was not on purpose, and it spooked people.

"well, you're right on time!" emily commented, as they filed in.