Chapter 15

The Elves Counsel

1

"It will be impossible to get the elders to take mortals seriously. You know we cannot interfere with the lives of mortals." Said Abigail looking at Moonbeam, her daughter.

I saw fear behind Abigail's eyes. The same eyes that looked human then turned elf. The same house that became black showing the spirit of my dead aunt, letting me know that she gone to a better place. Now I see fear behind the eyes of Abigail. As a child I blamed her, but now as I write this, I understand the worry, the panic behind them.

"Why, then, did you have your daughter follow me if you did not want to interfere. Moonbeam said that you people noticed foreign magic on me. The same magic that Lillian had noticed when I was alone in the woods sitting upon the Ce-Na. The only conclusion that I have is a goddess named Morrighan. She must have place her magic upon me. It was Lillian that searched my thoughts. It was in my thoughts that I saw a letter written to Lillian saying she was her half-sister. I for the life of myself could not remember the name of Si's wife which was Ada. I burned my home to its foundations with my mother's and aunt's body still inside. It would make no sense for you and for the counsel to turn your backs on me, without hearing more of my story. I have lost greatly. You will also lose greatly if my story is ignored! I took the blue crystal out from my pocket. "The temptation grows within me not to use this! Your daughter Moonbeam thought it would be best for me to speak with you first. I agreed. And now I am here. Abigail, I pray you, do not force me in thinking that I made the wrong decision in coming here. The blue crystal will give me what I need to find my father, perhaps, it will also cause Lillian's own demise. I came to you not only for help but for guidance. Elves are considered wise amongst my people. All I see is you being scared. I see Beings hiding from one dimension only to look and scoff at those that live in reality. I placed the blue crystal back into my pocket then unsheathed my dagger. I walked upon Abigail with blade in hand. My rounded eyes met with Abigail's almond shaped eyes. Neither of us blinked. I brought the blade between us, forcing Abigail to see. "I will go without you and the counsel in order to free my father. What would you do for your daughter? What would you do for your people?

Abigail looked at me with breathless expression. Then sighed. "Alright, alright. I will recommend you to the counsel, but I am not promising you anything. Aye! I would do whatever it would take to keep my daughter safe. And as for my people. I would go to war if need be. You have two things going against you. You are a young woman and your human. Your story needs to be looked at, that I have no doubt.

2

Moonbeam ran from the house leaving me alone with Abigail. The tension between us was thick and great. I questioned myself if I was too harsh in talking to Abigail. I sat at a wooden table thinking and wondering how this was going to end. Will I be with my father? Will I die in battle? And what waits for me at the afterlife?

"Can I make you so tea?" Said Abigail. Breaking the awkward silence, which caused me to jump slightly, due to being startled. "It will take a while for the guards to come. It is part of the rules. You are not an Elf, you are mortal. Mortals are to be held at the holding cell until the elders of the counsel decides to hear your plead for help. I believe they will. I doubt, however, they will grant you warriors of our own in aiding you in the attack upon Lillian. Perhaps they will give you enlightenment." Abigail sat a mug of hot tea in front of me. "You remind me of myself when I was your age, which was hundreds if not thousands of years ago. I wanted to be a warrior like my father... I fell in love like a fool. Out of that love came Moonbeam. When I gave birth to her, a thin ray of the moon touched my sweet child's head. All of my wants in life drifted away. All I wanted was to be a mother to my new child. I love her and regretted nothing... So, tell me Tara... Did you set your eyes upon being a warrior like your father? I do not know that your aware in the position you are right now."