Starting School

A/N: Jas and Vincent are gonna be aged up from now on. They'd be about middle school grade now.

🍕Sam🍕
Lance was hugging his dad's leg for dear life. "Lance, you're gonna learn so much with Penny.." You tried to coax him away, but Lance's grip tightened on Sam.

Penny was waiting off to the side with Jas and Vincent petting Vivi behind her. She smiled kindly at Lance, but he hid his face in Sam's calf.

"Hey bud.." Sam said softly as Lance let him pick him up. "You'll have a great time, ok? Penny will take real good care of you. And we'll see you before you know it!" Sam smiled wide, making Lance smile too. "Ok, Daddy!" Sam kissed his cheek before putting him down again. You hugged your son tight, "Daddy and I will see you again before you know it, ok?" "Ok! Bye!" He ran over to Penny, who grabbed his hand as she led her three students into town.

🏈Alex🏈
"Alex? What's Skyler still doing here?" You asked your husband as you walked out from the sheep barn. Alex and your daughter froze. They were kicking a ball around, but the colorful ball rolled away as you walked out.

You narrowed your eyes at Alex. "You were supposed to be walking her to the library to start school." You started walking closer. Alex laughed nervously and was about to talk, but Skyler ran up and grabbed your hand. "I want both of you to walk me to school!"

Alex watched your face change from annoyance to full-on adoration for your daughter. "Aw ok Sklyer! Let's walk together!" Skyler squeezed your hand before grabbing Alex's.

You didn't miss the sigh of relief coming from Alex as you made your way off the farm. He was lucky your daughter was so cute.

✈️Harvey✈️
"Backpacks...check! Books... check! Pencils... check!" Harvey was staring at your two kids standing ready at the door eagerly, checking over them to make sure they had everything. While you were smiling at them from your spot in the kitchen with a hot cup of coffee.

"You two will be good for Penny, right?" Harvey asked. The twins nodded eagerly. They were raring to go. "Can we go now, Papa!?" Luke asked. He was practically buzzing with excitement. "Not until Penny gets here," Harvey smiled. These two were definitely his children.

"Hello! Farmer? Harvey?" You heard Penny call from outside. You put your cup down and walked over to your kids. "Alright, kiddos, Penny's here. Be good and listen to her, ok?" You knelt down to their level, giving them each kisses on the cheek. "We will!" They said together. They hugged Harvey quickly and ran outside. "Hi Miss Penny!"

🐸Sebastian🐸
"Bastian." You chided. "No." He responded. Winter had no idea what was going on, but she was perfectly content being snuggled with her dad in bed.

"Bastian, she needs to go to school. Penny, Jas, and Vincent are waiting outside. She's even dressed!" You pulled the blankets off the two of them. "I can teach her here. She'll be homeschooled." Sebastian tried to argue.

Winter wiggled in his arms to face him. Her eyes were bright and wide. "Daddy? Can I go now?" She asked so sweetly. You could practically see Sebastian's will crack. "Well..ok..." "Yay!" He loosened his arms around her, and she bounded off. But Sebastian stayed in bed pouting.

"Come on, Seb, let's see her off with a smile?" You asked, smiling sweetly at him. Another crack in Sebastian's will. He sighed and got up, smiling. "Ok, ok, you two win. Let's go."

📖Elliot📖
"Ready for school girls?" You signed to both of them. Alice nodded while Elizabeth made a resounding "Yes!" and signed it out for her sister as well. You and Elliot discovered that Alice didn't talk pretty early on, but her hearing seemed to be fine. So you and your family had learned sign language so you could still communicate.

When Elliot broached the subject of the girls starting school with Penny, she immediately started learning sign language for Alice. "Aunt Penny's gonna take great care of both of you." You told them before escorting them outside where Elliot was talking to Penny.

Penny smiled as the girls walked out. "Hi girls! Ready?" She asked out loud and signed. You watched Alice's face light up. She always had a soft spot for Penny. Elliot walked over and wrapped an arm around your body as Alice ran over to take Penny's hand, and Elizabeth walked with Vincent and Jas.

🐔Shane🐔
Jas was at your house first thing in the morning to pick up her cousins for school. "Morning Jas, you'll make sure the boys get along, ok?" You asked her while handing her a breakfast sandwich.

"Yep! Vincent's excited, too. I'll make sure they listen to Miss Penny." She smiled. "Jas is here!" You both heard one of your sons yell out. Then there was a series of thuds before both boys ran out with Shane on their tails. "You're not done brushing your teeth!" Shane yelled. Too late, they were already holding Jas' hands.

"Jas, do we have to go?" "School sounds boring..." Mikey and Robby complained. "It's not bad. And Miss Penny will make sure there's lots of playtime, but only if you listen." You smiled. Jas had really matured, almost a little too quickly. But the boys loved her. "Fine.." they both grumbled. "You two can't go with Jas until you finish brushing your teeth." Shane said, grabbing them both by the hoods of their jackets and taking them back to the bathroom. You and Jas laughed at the scene.

🌁Victor🌁
"No!" Oliver yelled while hugging you tightly. You were holding Oliver in your arms while he grabbed your neck tightly and burying his face in your neck. Victor was gently trying to pry him off you, but to no avail. Penny, Jas, and Vincent were watching this all awkwardly.

"Oliver...why don't you wanna go?" You asked him quietly. Oliver shook his head, "Miss you.." Your heart melted, but Victor saw the look on your face. "Stay strong [Name]. He needs to go to school..." Victor tried to grab Oliver again. "C'mon, buddy, it's time to go. And mapa needs to work. Who else will grow the food?" That got his attention.

Oliver looked up at you with big eyes. "You need to grow the food?" You nodded. Oliver looked down again. "Ok..." You were able to put him down, and you watched him walk over to Penny. "We'll take good care of him, you two." Penny smiled and took Oliver's hand. Right before they left the property of the farm, Oliver looked back at you sadly. "Be strong, love." Victor told you as he kissed your head gently.