A Day with Dad

🍕Sam🍕
You had warned Sam that you were going to be on Ginger Island all day to take care of an errand near the volcano. Sam was worried, but you swore to be careful before you left, leaving just him with Lance for the day.

"Lance want to play on the beach today?" He asked his young son after his nap. Lance started bouncing, "Yay! Beach!" Sam laughed and started assembling everything Lance would need. Swimsuit, floaties, sunscreen, saddles, towel, and beach toys.

Together at the beach, the father and son splashed each other in the water and attempted to build a sand castle, but Lance kept accidentally knocking it down in excitement.

When you finally returned home, you walked in on Lance and Sam sleeping together in your bed, totally passed out, and a little red from the sun.

🏈Alex🏈
"Dad, I'm booored!" Skyler complained, walking up to Alex, who was relaxing on the couch. "We can play a game?" He offered. But Skyler just pouted, "That's all we ever do...I wanna do something different!" She exclaimed, giving Alex the dreaded puppy dog look, his ultimate weakness.

Alex sighed and got up, stretching, "Ok, what do you wanna do then?" Skyler tugged on his hand and dragged him outside and into town.

"You know you can just tell me?" Alex laughed, but Skyler was determined and dragged him all the way...to the movie theater. "You want to see a movie?" Alex asked, already pulling out his wallet. Skyler nodded, "Ok, what do you wanna see?" Skyler ran over to the movie posters and pointed at 'The Brave Little Sapling'.

Alex got their tickets and bought a salmon burger for himself and a star cookie for Skyler to snack on. Skyler had a great time during the movie, and Alex was happy to see his little girl smile so much.

✈️Harvey✈️
"Luke, can you bring me the dustpan?" Harvey asked, sweeping up the last of the dust in the kitchen. "Ok, Papa!" Luke exclaimed, running to get the dustpan from the kitchen table.

You had to be in the mines all day on a task for the wizard, leaving Luke and May in Harvey's sole care. But he had also promised to clean the house while you were away, so the twins were helping him.

"Papa, is that enough food?" May asked quietly. Harvey had tasked her with the easy job of feeding the fish in the fish tank. She had such a look of concentration on her face. Harvey smiled and came over to stroke her hair, "You did great bean, do you need help putting g the fish food away?" "No I can do it." She replied and scampered off to return the food to its place.

"Papa, I'm ready!" Luke called from his position in the kitchen. He was kneeling by Harvey's pile of dirt, concentrating on holding the dust pan. Harvey couldn't help but laugh, "Ok, I'm coming, but don't breathe in too much dust!" Harvey told him. He loved spending his days with his children.

🐸Sebastian🐸
Sebastian was staring at Winter, and she stared back. She didn't understand why her dad was staring at her, but it didn't really matter to her.

Sebastian was just trying to make sure Winter was comfortable in her rain gear. She had on a green rain jacket, long pants, green froggy rain boots, and a green foggy bucket hat. She looked adorable. "Ready to go?" He asked once he deemed she was ready. Winter nodded excitedly.

While you were spending this rainy day with your animals, Sebastian had promised to take Winter frog hunting on the promise that she would put them back immediately and point them out to her dad before trying to catch one.

Sebastian pulled up his hood and picked up Winter as they started their journey to the Cindersap forest. "Daddy, how come you don't wear rain clothes like mine?" Winter asked. Sebastian smiled, "I like the rain, and I've got a better immunity to the cold than you do. I'll be ok." Winter stared at him in awe. "If daddy gets sick, I'll help him feel better!"

Sebastian set Winter down once they got to the forest, and she immediately took off to find frogs, as long as she stayed in sight and sound of her dad. The two had managed to find a lot of frogs and even catch a few! But Winter always put them back where she found them and watched them hop away.

By the time they made it home, they were covered in mud, but Winter had a bit smile on her face.

📖Elliot📖
"Alice, use this instead, ok?" Elliot quickly took the hot glue gun Alice was attempting to use in lieu of some fabric glue. Alice smiled and continued gluing button eyes onto the old sock. "Can I use it, Papa!?" Elizabeth asked, already reaching for it. But Elliot kept it out of her grasp. "No, my darling, you could burn yourself! You can use it when you're older."

Elizabeth pouted but continued tying the pipe cleaner around her old sock. Ellipt gave her an apologetic smile and kept working on his own puppet. Elizabeth and Alice were itching for a craft, so the three of them were making sock puppets to put on a puppet show.

Later, Elliot was hiding behind the couch while Alice and Elizabeth sat on the coffee table, watching him perform with their sock puppets. The laughter coming from his daughters was more musical than the notes from his piano.

🐔Shane🐔
"Boys, stay out here while I feed the chickens." Shane told his sons, bringing in the buckets of feed. You were sick inside, so Shane was in charge of the animals today and the chickens.

Robby and Mikey looked at each other before running to the side of the house and pulling out the surprise they had for their dad. Vincent may have let the twins borrow some of his water guns, and they were gonna use them.

When Shane finished feeding the chickens, it seemed quiet. Too quiet. "Boys? Where'd you go!?" He called out right before he got a face full of water. The boys laughed at their now drenched father. Shane scowled and walked into the house Silently. Mikey and Robby looked at each other nervously.

"W-wait! Don't tell -" Mikey started to run in and stop Shane from tattling. But Shane suddenly slammed the door back open, brandishing a much larger water gun with a smile on his face. Mikey and Robby broke out into grins before running, while Sahne chased after them, laughing, "You two started this!"

🌁Victor🌁
Oliver was very upset. You told him you were going to be gone all day and you wouldn't see him until dinnertime. So Oliver grabbed his blanket and sat himself right by the front door, waiting for you to come back.

"Oliver? What are you doing? Victor asked as he passed into the kitchen. "Waiting for mapa..." Oliver answered, eyes staying on the door. Victor sighed, "Oliver, it's going to be a while before they come home. Why don't we do something? It will make the time go faster?" Victor offered. Oliver finally tore his eyes away from the door to look at his dad. "Promise?" Victor came over and picked him up, "I promise."

So Oliver spent the day with his dad running all the errands. They went to Pierre's shop where Victor bought him a treat, a library where Penny was reading a children's book out loud, the community center where he got to play in the playroom, and the beach where he got to go swimming.

Oliver discovered that his dad was right because before he knew it, the sun was going down, and Victor was making dinner with Oliver's help. As soon as the door clicked and you entered the home, Oliver ran up to you. "Mapa!" He screamed happily. You smiled and pulled him into your arms, picking him up, "Hi Ollie! Did you have a good day with Daddy?" You asked. Oliver smiled wide, "Yea!"