Visiting Family

🍕Sam🍕
Lance knocked on the door to his grandparents' house eagerly while you and Sam watched. Jody opened the door and smiled wide, "Why hello Lance!" She leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Hi grandma! Where's Grandpa!?" He asked excitedly. "In the living room, go on and say hi." Lance quickly dashed inside while you and Sam greeted Jody with hugs.

Lance rushed into the house, "Grandpa!" Lance yelled and ran up to Kent. Kent was quick to grab him and lift him up into the air. "Well, if it isn't little Lance, you've sure gotten big, huh?" Kent laughed, twisting the boy around so he was now holding him upside down. Lance was laughing hysterically. "Oh hi Lance!" Vincent entered the room, and Lance waved, "Hi Uncle Vincent!"

It was one big happy family in this household, Lance always seemed to have a calming presence for his Grandpa and would spend many visits in his lap.

🏈Alex🏈
Skyler was hiding her face in Alex's neck shyly as her great grandfather stared at her from his chair. "Honey, say hi to Grandpa..." Alex tried to coax his daughter out, but she held on tighter to his jacket.

George sighed and turned back to the TV, "Kids today..." He grumbled under his breath, but inside, he was sad. His resting crank face seemed to put his great granddaughter off, and he hated it. He switched on the TV to some sports program. Skyler lifted her head up to see George watching a soccer match. "Can I get down now?" She asked. Alex beamed and set her down. Skyler immediately sat next to George, "I hope they win!" She pointed out a team wearing yellow and blue jerseys. George let out a small smile, "Me too, Skyler."

You were helping Evelynn get breakfast ready, but you couldn't help but smile at the scene every time you looked at the two of them. And at breakfast, Skyler and George discovered a shared love of leeks.

✈️Harvey✈️
"Higher grandpa!" Luke exclaimed while laughing as your dad lifted him high into the air, making airplane noises. "Ground control to Luke, prepare for acceleration!" Your dad said before starting to run with Luke above his head. You and Harvey got tired just watching it all happen.

"How does he have the arm strength for that?" Harvey whispered to you. You shook your head, "I bet he's been practicing since he found out about the twins." You smiled. May watched this all quietly from her spot in her father's lap. "Papa?" She asked. "Yes?" Harvey asked, looking at her. "Can I sit on your shoulders?" She asked.

Harvey smiled and picked her up, lifting her over his head to sit on his shoulders, "Wanna follow them?" He asked her. She nodded and smiled. You watched with a cup of coffee in your hands from the porch as May, and Harvey followed your dad and son around the farm at a much slower pace.

"Enemies behind us, grandpa!" Luke yelled out. "Evasive action!" Your dad responded before doing zig zags across the farm.

🐸Sebastian🐸
"[Name]!" Robin whisper yelled from around the corner hallway. You looked from her to your family sitting at the kitchen table of Robin's house. Sebastian had Winter in his lap while he fed her, Maru was fawning over her, and Demetrius watched every once in a while from behind his newspaper. You started to get up when she said something else, "Bring Winter!"

You looked at your husband again, but he was too focused on your daughter to notice his mom. "Hey, Winter? Come with me for a second?" You called to your daughter as you stood. Winter smiled and wiggled out of her dad's lap, "Ok, mapa!" She ran over to your side, but Sebastian stared at you suspiciously, "Where are you going?" You ignored him and walked over to Robin while holding Winter's hand.

She led you both to her bedroom and kneeled down to Winter's level, handing her a box. "I saw this and thought you might like it!" Winter quickly opened the box to see a fuzzy frog onsie pajama set inside. Winter's smile got even bigger. "Thank you, grandma!" She hugged Robin tightly before turning to you, "Can I put it on now!?" She asked excitedly. You nodded, "Of course!"

"Daddy, look what grandma got me!" Winter ran out of the room and made a beeline for Sebastian. Upon seeing his daughter, Sebastian's face grew a bit pink. Winter scrambled back into his lap. "Oh, Winter, you look adorable!" Maru gushed. You took a seat next to your husband, "She is, isn't she Seb?" Yoy asked. Sebastian gave a small smile and patted her head, "Always."

📖Elliot📖
There was a knock on your door, and Elizabeth hopped up from her seat on the couch. "Grandpa's here!" She yelled before opening the door. "Grandpa!" She hugged your dad's leg as he chuckled softly. "Hi there, Elizabeth." He patted her head. "Where's your sister?" He asked, looking around. Elizabeth pointed to Alice still on the couch, who was staring at the two of them.

Your dad waved and started signing to Alice, asking how she was. Alice perked up immediately and signed back that she was happy to see him. "Dad, have you been practicing?" You asked, seeing the exchange. Your dad nodded, "Of course, I want to be able to talk to my granddaughter!"

"Ah, father!" Elliot has entered the room. He pulled your dad into a tight hug. The girls laughed at the face their grandpa was making during the hug. "H-how are you, Elliot?" Your dad breathed out before Elliot finally released him.

It was a nice quiet day together as a family with your dad. Elliot learned from last time to tone it down a little with your dad and just watched his children happily interact with their grandfather.

🐔Shane🐔
Seeing Marnie and Jas is a weekly activity for your family. The boys already see Jas almost every day for classes, but that doesn't make them any less excited to see her.

"Mikey! Robby! Don't run ahead!" You scolded your sons. "Sorry, mapa..." they sulked in unison. Shane shook his head, "We just don't want you two getting lost." "Uncle Shane! [Name]!" A voice called. Jas waved frantically as she and Marnie started walking up. Marnie had a basket in her arms. "JAS!" The boys yelled and ran up to her. "Will you play with us today!?" Mikey asked, holding one hand. "Tag! Tag!" Robby called out. Jas giggled, "Of course we can play!"

Marnie met up with you and Shane, "Jas wanted a picnic today and the forest if that's ok?" She asked. You took the basket from her and smiled, "Of course! The kids can run around as much as they like out here!"

The three of you picked out a spot in the forest and set to work, setting everything up while the kids played. It was really sweet to watch, and you adored the smile Shane had on his face as he watched the kids he loves so much.

🌁Victor🌁
"Oliver! I missed you!" Olivia exclaimed as you, Victor, and Oliver entered her home. Oliver was in your arms and hiding his face in your neck, shyly looking out at his Mimi. Olivia didn't like the word grandma, said it made her feel too old. She insisted that Oliver call her his mimi. It sounded younger.

Oliver tightened his grip on his blanket and waved at her a little. "Hi mimi..." He whispered. "Still shy, I see?" Olivia asked you and Victor. Victor sighed and patted the boys head, "A bit. He was excited to come over, but he got nervous halfway over."

You jostled your son a bit, "Ollie, didn't you have something to show mimi?" Oliver looked up finally and looked at you before nodding. You put Oliver down, and he Olivia kneeled to his level. Oliver tentatively held out his blanket toward her, showing a small rip. "Oh dear, did it rip Ollie?" Olivia asked gently. Oliver nodded. "I can fix it if you'd like me to?" Oliver nodded again and followed Olivia to the library where she had a sewing station set up.

As soon as the blanket was repaired, Oliver wouldn't leave her alone. Olivia was ecstatic to have Oliver sitting in their lap as they ate together. She didn't even mind when he spilled some food on her.

A/N: Explanation for 'Mapa'. It's a gender neutral option for a parental term. Since farmer is still meant to be a gender neutral character so anyone can read, this is your child's parental term for you! It's a combination of mama and papa.