Prologue

"Thank you L.A.! You've made this show the best show of the Era's Tour so far! Hey, look at that, the rain has finally stopped!" Taylor said into her glittery microphone. She was soaked to the bone. It had rained for the last three and a half hours, her hair was sticking to her face and raindrops dripped from her chin. "Give it up for my amazing backing singers!" There was a loud cheer as the three backing singers took a bow. "And my amazing band!" Another cheer.

Taylor met her sister's eyes and smiled. They were both completely soaked from the rain. Identical twins, the only difference between the two sisters was their eye colour. Taylor Alison Swift had blue eyes while her sister Grace Marjory Swift had green eyes, and the fact that Grace needed glasses so that she could see two feet in front of her nose. However, on stage, she wore contact lenses. "Good night L.A.!" She swung an arm around her sister's shoulder as she waved to the crowd which was screaming so loud that Grace was sure they'd create an earthquake.

Grace gripped the neck of her electric guitar and waved with her other hand, smiling. A smile which didn't quite reach her eyes. She was dreading the next leg of The Eras Tour. Paramore was joining them. That wasn't the problem, the problem was that Grace had a crush on one of the members of Paramore and she wasn't sure she could handle six months of touring with her crush without making a fool of herself. The one show at the beginning of the tour had been hard enough.

The problem with your identical twin being famous was that every move you made could be mistaken as her move. There were so many times Grace had been mistaken for her sister. Thankfully these mistakes had never been anything more than just seeing her walking her dog down the street or heading to the store for some groceries. However if Grace got too drunk at a party (not that she ever would, she'd never touched a drop of alcohol in her life), a story might emerge about it being Taylor too drunk at a party. Grace always had this thought on her mind and was constantly looking over her shoulder to make sure she wasn't being watched. Sometimes Grace wished she could just disappear so that she could have a normal twenty-four hours and experience life without having to look over her shoulder.

Grace was dragged from her thoughts when her sister guided her off the stage, dropping her arm to her side and handing her microphone off to one of the stage-hands. "You okay, sis?" Taylor asked curiously, raising her right eyebrow.

Grace lifted her guitar strap off of her neck and nodded, picking up a grey towel from the nearest table to dry off her guitar. "I'm fine." She said, her voice cracking slightly. She bent down and placed the guitar delicately into its protective case.

Before Taylor could argue with her sister, she was interrupted by the voice of her best friend Abigail Anderson. "Ah! You guys really need to stop being so perfect!" The curly redhead wrapped her arms around Taylor.

"Perfect my ass, they did okay." Grace's less optimistic best friend Amelia Shepherd said in her raspy voice as Grace got to her feet. The two women hugged.

"I mean, you're not wrong Amy, but you're also not right." Grace said as she pulled back, giving her best friend a knowing smile. She was beginning to shiver from her wet clothes and hair, despite the humid temperature.

Taylor laughed softly as she leaned against Abigail. "It would have been better if it didn't rain so much."

"Yeah, the rain really didn't help." Grace said, shivering. She wrapped her arms around her body, her teeth beginning to chatter.

Taylor turned her head slightly and coughed into her elbow, she'd been battling a cold for a week now. Hopefully the rain tonight didn't make it worse.

"We should get you two back to the hotel, get you warmed up." Abigail said softly, a frown of concern crossing her pale features. "We don't want you getting sick."