Chapter Nine

By the time the tour was finally wrapping up, Taylor had become slightly grumpier, getting to witness her sister grow a human, when she couldn't.

Grace was just starting to show, Zac was having to pester her to eat more so that she could sustain herself and the baby inside her.

Taylor didn't mean to seem like she wasn't happy for her sister. But it was hard to be happy, when Grace was getting something she wanted. She watched Grace sit on the edge of the stage plucking her guitar strings.

The last show was happening that night. Grace was going to miss touring. She didn't realise how much she thrived off being on stage with her sister until she couldn't do it anymore. She thrived off of the routine of waking up, getting ready rehearsing and preparing for a show and then doing the show. She knew exactly where she was meant to be and what she was meant to be doing. But when touring stopped, she didn't have that and she didn't like the uncertainty.

Sighing softly, Taylor made her way over to Grace and sat down.

Grace didn't lift her head, staring at the floor beneath them, her fingers plucking the strings of their own accord.

"You know, it could be a few years before I tour again." Taylor said softly, looking over at her twin.

Grace finally lifted her head. "I know." She said quietly. "Things... they are just changing so fast."

"I know." Taylor said softly, looking around the arena. "Everything is changing for us, and I don't know what's next."

"I just..." Grace sighed quietly and looked around the stage. She could feel a distance forming between herself and her sister and she hated it. "I don't... I don't want us to drift apart."

Looking down, Taylor sighed softly. "We have to go our own ways at some point Gracie."

Grace looked down, fighting back tears. God, these damn hormones had her all over the place. She stopped plucking the strings and squeezed her eyes closed.

"I just want you to be happy Gracie, and Zac makes you really happy." Taylor said softly, looking at her sister.

Grace didn't lift her head. She had to get something off her chest and she couldn't look at Taylor as she said it. "There's been a distance between us... you and me... ever since we found out I was pregnant..." She breathed. "I don't want this baby if it means I lose you." She'd been sitting on these feelings since she felt the drift between them. It was hurting her. She knew how much Zac wanted this baby, he was already planning out the house they'd share and the nursery. But Grace was afraid she couldn't do it, not if it meant losing the one person who meant more to her than her own life.

"You'd never lose me." Taylor said softly, offering Grace a gentle smile.

"I already am." Grace said in a whisper as tears began to roll down her cheeks. She was unable to stop them.

Taylor instantly shook her head. "You're not losing me, Grace." She promised softly.

Grace couldn't stop the sob from leaving her lips. "I can feel it, the distance." She murmured.

"Gracie, that's not..." Taylor sighed and shook her head. "It's because, I want a baby myself... but I'm terrified of bringing it up to Amy and Hales."

"You've always wanted a baby... and here I am having one... I didn't even want kids until Zac but I didn't think it would be this soon." Grace sobbed, She felt guilty for having what her sister had always wanted.

Taylor reached over and took Grace's hand. "Don't do that."

"Do what?... it's the truth." Grace whispered, trying to control her tears so that no one would notice.