Chapter Four

Taylor took a deep breath as she stepped onto the stage, it had been a few weeks since she broke her ankle.

The crowd screamed wildly upon seeing Taylor on the stage then broke out into a chorus of screaming her name "Taylor, Taylor, Taylor" at the top of their lungs.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" Taylor called into the microphone as she limped onto the stage.

The crowd screamed and the sound echoed around the stadium. Some of the fans in the front rows reached over the barriers, trying to touch Taylor or get her attention so that she would shake their hands.

"I don't know if you guys know this, but a few weeks ago. My sister had to come out and perform for me. I broke my ankle and wasn't able to perform." Taylor said softly into the microphone.

Grace looked up from where she was standing behind her microphone stand. She had been looking down, double checking her guitar strings which were becoming more and more worn with every show. She'd have to replace them soon.

Taylor took a deep breath and glanced back at her sister. "Grace, come here please?"

Grace hesitated. She glanced behind her at one of the stage hands, unsure of what Taylor had planned and looking for some sort of information from the stagehand who only gave her a small nod. Swallowing thickly, Grace stepped out from behind the microphone stand and towards her sister.

Taylor smiled warmly and took Grace's hand. "Everyone of you knows I have a sister, but you have never really seen a picture." The blonde paused for a moment, laughing softly. "But you actually have, the thing you didn't notice was our eyes are different."

Grace stared at her sister, puzzled, a soft frown on her lips and a small crease between her blonde eyebrows. What was Taylor thinking? What if Taylor needed her to go on stage for her again? And here she was spilling the secret that allowed them to impersonate each other.

Taylor cleared her throat and looked back towards the crowd. "Grace has covered for me before, and there will be days that she does it again. So I want you all to give her all the love you give me." She continued softly, gently squeezing Grace's hand.

"Tay, why are you telling them this?" Grace asked. The crowd was unable to hear her but she knew Taylor could hear her very well.

Taylor turned to look at her sister. "It's time you get the recognition you deserve, I'm tired of it seeming like you don't exist."

"But I don't want the recognition, I'm perfectly happy living in your shadow." Grace said, narrowing her eyes at her sister. "I hate being the center of attention."

Taylor smiled softly before looking over Grace's shoulder. "I know, but I'm doing this for a reason." She said softly before stepping back and releasing Grace's shoulder. "Turn around."

Grace stared at her sister suspiciously for almost a whole minute, searching her sister's blue eyes, before slowly turning around.

Zac stood behind her, holding his own microphone. "Hi." He said softly.

"Zac? What's going on?" Grace's suspicion turned from her sister to the drummer standing before her. She had no idea where this was heading but she hated that it was happening in front of a stadium full of people.

The drummer smiled warmly at her and stepped closer. "I know you don't like being the center of attention. But I wanted to do this for the world to see. Not only so they will leave Taylor alone and stop assuming she is cheating on Hayley." He paused and slowly bent down on one knee. "But because I am so in love with you." Looking up at her, Zac offered a soft smile. "Don't worry, it's not a proposal, it's more of a promise ring." He said softly, pulling the ring out of his pockets. "I promise to love you for everything that makes you who you are. And maybe a few years down the road, I'll ask you to marry me."