• Chapter 29 • Cold Shoulder

New update
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

"Aaron, are you even listening to me?"

Elena's accent filled voice brought me out of my wonder zone. I focused back at her. We're at a small cafe like restaurant for breakfast. She insisted that we ate together since we haven't met a long time.

I did agree for her sake but my mind had been pre-occupied by the thoughts of a certain red head fiery mouth lady. It's like she had overpower all my senses until there's nothing left for her to capture. It's been happening since the last day we both talked.

Or more like argued.

Her words disturbed me. She talked about us like it was taboo. Her words were not making any sense. She was right before but I don't know what suddenly triggered her and she decided to put a distance between us.

I haven't even properly talk to her since that day. Whenever I tried to initiate a small conversation, she would always made some excuse or left the place silently.

I tried to understand her and gave her time but nothing worked. It's been a week and this little dance of us is still going on with great spirits. So, Elena tried her best to cheer me up. She's one of those friends who instantly knew that there's something wrong.

She concluded that I was bothered by something or rather someone and pester me till I explained everything to her. Although, I always shared everything with her but now, I don't know but something stopped me from sharing my history with Ana with her.

I met Elena when I was in Spain for higher studies. We both instantly hit and since then we're best friends. Although, she chose to stay back in Spain to continue her fashion major, I came back to handle the company. We've kept in touch since then and always message each other once a time.

So, it was a surprise when she informed me that she had infact came to this lake for vacations. She's going back in a month. I was beyond happy. Elena and my friendship was not like other friendship. We both knew that we can't be anymore than friends. Of course, how could we?

Elena is engaged to her long time boyfriend and I...well...I'm will still trying to understand my love.

"Aaron, seriously, what's wrong?"

Realizing that I had again zoned her out, made me guilty. So, I immediately excused to her

"I'm so sorry Elena. I'm not myself right now."

She looked at me with a worried gaze and spoke in a reassuring voice

"Aaron, if there's anything bothering you, you know you can share it with me."

I nodded my head and gave her a small smile.

"I know I can count on you."

Elena chuckled before asking

"So, tell me what happened while I was gone?"

I sighed before starting

"Well, nothing really changes. I kept doing my best in taking the company to high standards."

"You were born to lead it."

Elena's appreciating comment made a small smile appeared on my lips.

"Any lover, perhaps?"

Elena's curios question made me wonder. Lover. I don't know if I have that. I mean of course, I love Anastasia and I considered her my only love but I want her to acknowledge it too. I want to spend each second together with her. I want to claim her openly infront of everyone without any fear of getting judged.