• Chapter 30 • Imagination

New update is here
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

Two weeks and I have been busy in work. Or so I want myself to be. I had successfully turned myself into a stage ten workaholic. My routine started from sneaking early to the site and coming late after evening.

It's been going since two weeks and so far I haven't had any problem. After what happened back then, Aaron didn't approach me again. He maintained his distance and didn't ask me anything unless it's super work related.

I should like it because that's what I was craving for. But it's doing the opposite. I am finding now ways to talk to him. I tried taking to him rather than few minutes but he shrugged off saying he needs to be somewhere else.

So, after trying for a few days, I gave up.

That's what I wanted always and now that Aaron is doing the same, I am trying to sabotage it.

Such a hypocrite I'm becoming.

So, today as I woke up, I changed into comfy clothes since it's off today. I ascended downstairs but I was dreading to be there. Off day means Aaron would be home. After weeks of ignoring him like a plague, I don't know if I'll be able to survive 24/7 in his powerful presence.

One thing about Aaron is that he radiates such an aura that he spellbound everyone around him. He doesn't need to talk to other people to attract them, people pulled by themselves to him. He had such a magnetic pull in him.

Upon reaching the end of the stairs, I could hear chattering sounds coming from the kitchen. I carefully walked to the kitchen not wanting to disturb the atmosphere. I stood rooted to the entrance standing there in a way I'm hidden from their gazes.

Aaron and Elena were busy preparing breakfast. He was cutting vegetables while she was whisking what looked like a pancake batter. A pang of jealousy and a wave of pure longing and sadness washed over me. There were days when this was supposed to be our activity.

Aaron loved to cook and I hated that. So, he just plopped me on the counter and did all the work by himself. My only task was to cheer him up or making snarky jokes on him. We would be so happy and carefree. Sometimes, I wished I could get those days back somehow.

I want that relationship back. I was never conscious around Aaron. He was the only one person I shared each and everything. Down to the least detail. Now seeing him warming up to some other girl made me realize that how much I had lost in the long game of this rivalry.

I lost my best friend. My mentor. My sanctuary. I can't do anything to win him back. He's looking so happy just like before that if felt horrendous to even think about stealing that from him. My grandfather had already hurt them enough. I can't hurt him too. Not after what happened.

~~~

"Oh, Anastasia, why you're standing there?"

Elena's accent filled voice brought me out of my trance. I looked up at her and noticed the way Aaron's shoulder tighten at the sound of my name. He still had it back turned to me. He doesn't even turn back to glance at me. It shouldn't hurt this much but sorry if I'm not lying.

I passed her a forced smile before excusing

"I didn't want to disturb your time."

It felt poison to speak those words.

"Nonsense, Aaron and I was just preparing breakfast."

I walked inside before saying

"Can I help too?"