• Chapter 32 • Suffer

New update
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

What is he doing right now?

I haven't seen him since morning.

I wonder if he came early to office to avoid me.

Or maybe he didn't even care about me anymore.

Maybe, he don't want to see me after what happened few days back.

Well, I can't consider him wrong, can I?

I did do him dirty. He doesn't deserve the least of it. But that's how it is. I can't ignore it. We can't be together. There's so much differences between us now. Our families will never accept us. They will never be able to digest the fact that their children's wants to be together.

There's so much unanswered questions and distance between us. We can't work out. Never.

The last conversation of Kayden roamed in my mind

"Hey, what's the news on the project?"

Kayden's pure professional voice greeted me. That's one thing about Kayden. He's strictly professional and believe in an all equal policy. He treated everyone according to the rules and regulations. He won't be doing any favors just became I'm his sister. That's how he works.

Not that he ever treated me like his sister anyways.

"It's good pretty good actually. From what I'm seeing, it will provide us great benefit in the foreseeable future for sure."

There was so much hope in my voice. I want this project to work. It's my only chance to prove my worth to Kayden. That I'm capable of becoming the company permanent COO.

"I really hope that too. After what happened, our company needs as much benefit as possible."

I winced at the brutal reminder of what happened one and half month back. The scandal costs us millions of worth deals and clients. The company is still recovering and this project is our sole survival.

Kayden never fails to bring out my failure infront of me. But it didn't dishearten me or crush my hopes, rather it worked the opposite. My failure only gave me more strength and determination to do the best of me.

I'm grateful for Kayden to openly flaunt my flaws infront of me. One harsh word is better than a thousand fake sweet words.

"Don't worry, Kay. I won't let you down."

"I know but I don't trust that twat, Aaron. I'm sure he's thinking ways of destroying us right now. He's cunning like that."

My mood turned sour. Why Kayden hates Aaron so much? There was a time when they were best of the best friends. Since we're family friends so it's must that the children will be friendly to each other as well, but Kayden and Aaron were different. They acted like brothers by blood.

But then Kayden started to distance himself from Aaron. It started with delayed plans or his absence in their weekly game night. Then all of a sudden just like a snap of a finger, Kayden permanently distanced himself from Aaron.

In the initial days, Aaron tried his best trying to figure out his odd behavior. He tried every nook and hook. But a man only had so much will. He stopped after getting literally no improvement from Kayden.

And the rest is history.

So, I couldn't help but ask

"Why do you hate him so much?"