• Chapter 33 • Love

Hey, guys I'm back with another new update
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

"Why are you doing this?"

Elena asked while sipping through her Pinacolda. It's a hot summer day and we both have come to the nearby pub like cafe. Since it's the last few days of Elena here, she wanted to spend as much time as possible with me. She knew that once she left for Spain, our hectic schedule will not let us talk for a second.

So, here we are celebrating our last few days together before another long holiday.

I leaned back on my chair and asked back acting totally nonchalant

"What do you mean?"

She looked at me with her signature narrowed eyes and pointed at me

"You, Mr. Aaron knew very well what I'm talking about? Why are you trying to make her jealous by spending time with me?"

I sighed heavily. My mind reminded the days I have been ignoring Anastasia totally and spending my maximum time with Elena. Although, Elena is my close friend and the only person I can tolerate after Christian, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean that I felt anything for her.

We never had such feelings for each other. We're each other mentors in life. We kept it like that for our own sakes. Elena is even happily engaged to her long term partner, Tomàs. But still, I have been using her as a bait.

I wanted to see how Ana reacts when she sees me with Elena. I wanted to know if she really doesn't feel anything for me as she claimed or it's just some wishful thinking she has percepted in her mind to keep me at bay distance. I wanted to fire her up so that she could finally declared her claim.

But so far she hadn't done anything. Of course, she kept mingling in our work more than necessary. Like once when Elena came to dinner. I invited her and told her everything. We both talked our bestest time together in Spain which wasn't even a lie. Anastasia kept listening to us silently and she even remained quite when Elena mentioned that how one time she thought I wrote her a love letter.

That was Tomas by the way.

I waited for her to response back, to show her usual claim on me, but no. Nothing passed her lips. Her eyes only crinkle a little as she tried to smile. That's not the Anastasia I knew. My Ana would never back down without a fight. She would never lose. So, I waited. Again.

That time, Elena and I were at a restaurant enjoying lunch. It was the same lunch which I spoke off as a business meeting. Anastasia asked to come with me but I rejected saying that it's someone important and it will be better if I met alone. She agreed without a fight.

But later, she came and saw Elena and me together. Her face did lose a little color and a look of longing appeared on her face. It would be a lie if I said that her saddened expressions doesn't hurt me. It does.

So freaking hard.

All I want is to embrace her in my arms and never let go. To love her so much that she would never be sad in her life again. But for that I need her support too.

I can't help her if she won't let me enter. Her walls are so tight that she blantanly disagree to everything. I want to break her walls and conquer the inner her. I know that her inner self is still the same teenage girl who used to flaunt my cooking skills infront of school.

In our school days, Ana and me were the popular couple of in our school. Students admired our friendship and some even claimed that we would make a great couple. We do. That time I used to cook for Ana. Since Kayden was busy studying, she was alone.