• Chapter 31 • Jealousy

Here's the new update everyone
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

She looked ethereal.

Radiant.

Beautiful.

A nightmare wrapped in the the gift paper of daydream.

My eyes were fixated on her the moment she entered the meeting room. Her fiery red hairs straight and flowed freely on her back. The gold wrist watch shining on her golden skin. Her face glowing oh so brightly in the dim lights.

And her eyes.

Oh her attractive, appealing eyes.

My gaze was like stilled on her perfect face. Her stature oozing confidence and power. A feeling of immense pride rose in my chest. My chest filled with appreciation for how far she had come.

Mi Alma!

As if she noticed my gaze on her, her head whipped in my direction. I passed her a big smile to convey my emotions. She stared back at me for some time before smiling back. My lips threatened to part in chuckle.

I know she's flustered. I can see it by the way her cheeks turned red and the way she cautiously straightened herself. I noticed every damn thing about her.

Call me a creep for all I care.

Mr. Mitchell loud clearing of throat brought me out of my wonderland. He passed me a sneaky smile before jokingly saying

"I see your attention is divided, somewhere?"

I didn't reply but my lips pulled up in a smooth smile. Mr. Mitchell only needed a pinch of emotion from me before his eyes twinkled and he spoke

"Perhaps, you're daydreaming about something or rather someone?"

I still remained quiet. I don't like to conversate with anyone on my personal life or more like marital status. It's a very private matter and I don't like it to be talk of the town. But he can't seem to understand it and kept pestering me.

My head turned to right when one of the board member spoke

"Perhaps, it's Ms. Elena. I see you two are spending time together."

I immediately took notice the way Anastasia's shoulder bunched together. Her once relaxed posture turned stiff and hard. Her eyes loses it glow and they once again became emotionless.

Is it I'm guessing.... jealousy?

I also didn't fail to see how she clenched and unclenched her fists under the table. Why she reacting that way? Isn't she the one who strongly believe we can't be together? Then, why hearing about me with someone else tense her this much?

Does she really not feel anything for me or is it just a show to hide her true feelings?

Anastasia is a huge spiral of secrets. No-one can predict what she's thinking. She can say one thing and do the very opposite of it. That's why I'm confused about what's right and what's not? She kept me worried and tangled up in her spiral.

I can't seem to find a way out of it.

"No, it's nothing like that. I will appreciate if we all refrain from talking about my personal life. It's quiet not professional, ain't it?"

I spoke firmly but kept my tone soft and humble. Everyone nodded their head and the rest of the meeting went smoothly, thankfully no-one bring out the topic I forbade off again..