THREE

I had to wake up at 6:30, look for an outfit until 7:20, then until 7:40 I had to finish my breakfast and then go to the field. Right now is 7:25 and I'm sitting at a table with dr. Patterson, Simone, Nate and Keisha talking and having our breakfast.

"How is at college so far girls?", dr. Patterson asked us.

"It's alright auntie.", Simone answered her, while looking at her phone.

"It's awful and great at the same time.", I said, trying to take the spot from Simone who's been looking at her phone non-stop.

"How so, dear?", dr. Patterson asked me.

"It's great that I have Keisha, Nathaniel and Simone also Damon and JR here and awful, because every morning I have to wake up at 6:30 from now on.", I explained.

"Why so early girl?", Keisha asked me.

"She's part of the baseball team now and needs to be at practices even if she doesn't play any games.", dr. Patterson explained for her and Nate.

"Wait, so that's why Damon wanted to meet with you yesterday?", Nate asked.

"Yeah, and now I have 5 minutes to get there before coach yells at me for being late. See y'all.", I said to the 4 females and left in hurry.

To my surprise, I got there in time, but because I was running, Damon had to catch me to stop me.

"Morning, rough day?", he asked kinda amused.

"Hey, actually no, just the 5 minutes I got with my friends to talk at the cafeteria and the other 5 running to get here. Nothing much. How are you?", I said sarcastic to him.

"Better now that you're here.", Damon said as we sit and wait for the coaches.

After coach's monolog, the boys went to train as I watch each one of them closely. I could see how hard JR was struggling to catch the ball from Damon. I watched the others as coach Marcus approached me.

"Anything to report?", coach asked.

"Is it just me or JR is either struggling to catch the ball or doesn't wants to?", I said, expecting to be wrong.

"Yes, one of the 2 choices you mentioned. I don't know why, but as captain he needs to improve his skills. Well done mrs Miller. I expect you share this theory with the team as well after your talk with Damon.", coach Marcus said, leaving me to watch the rest of the practice.

At the end of the practice, Damon came to me kinda angry.

"Is it a bad timig to tell you what I saw today? I already talked with coach and he said I need to share my theory with the team after we talk.", I said to him.

"Not at all, alright? You know you are the only one I let to bother me with their problems, theories, worries. Tell me anything you think needs improvement.", Damon said as we walk around.

"I think JR is either struggling to catch the ball or doesn't wants to when you throw it.", I told him, waiting for his reaction.

"Well, is his problem if he wants to be out of the team. Thanks for telling me.", Damon said, looking at me.

"Yeah, no problem. Just wanted to be there for the team.", I said to him.

"Hey, what class do you have next?", Damon asked.

"Unfortunately, we, have PE. Why are you still asking if you know we're in the same class?", I asked laughing with him.

We walk to the campus and got ready for our classes. At PE, our teacher pareded us in groups of 3 and I ended with Damon and JR, then at mathematics I sat next to Damon, wrong move, because he was making me laugh and the teacher asked us a question, I answered it correctly, and Damon wrongly, but that was it.

At dinner time, the Bringston family dinner we have once a week at dr. Patterson's with Simone, Nate, Keisha, JR and Damon, I got a call from my mother, telling me she'll bring baby Manuel to Bringston and will stay with me as long as I will be attending here. As I closed my phone, I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to be surprised by Damon.

"Hey, you're okay? You seem like you've seen a ghost?", Damon tried to light up my mood.

"Not really. Can we talk in private?", I asked.

We went to a different room and sat on the couch. I already know dr. Patterson, Simone, Keisha, Nate and Cam know about the fact that I had a baby, but I didn't know how I could tell Damon that and it seems now it's the time, before baby Manu arrives here.

"I need to tell you something important.", I began to say.

Damon saw me stressed about it, so he takes my hands in his.

"It's alright, I'm here for you, always. Take your time.", Damon told me.

"I have a son, his name is Manuel, but I call him Manu, he's everything I needed, but his father hates me because of him and I tried so hard to talk with him, but he said he doesn't wants to be in his son's life and now my mom's gonna bring him here and I have to take care of him, go to classes and practices in the same time.", I told Damon the whole truth.

He comes to hug me and calms me down.

"Calm down, okay? I'm here for anything. If you need me to take care of your son, I will, if you have classes and I have practices, I will take him with me, alright? You are not alone in this. You've got me and I meant it. I will take care of him like is my own if you ask me to, Laura.", Damon told me and I really appreciated it, even though he didn't met Manu, I think he already loves him.

We went back to our dinner and I showed him some pictures of Manu and we had a great time.