FOUR

It's already Friday and I'm waiting for my mom to show up in the parking lot. I'm so nervous about it, but at the same time happy. After a long 20 minutes of waiting my mom's car approaches and comes to a stop.

As I make my way there, I saw the father of my son getting out of my mom's car, with Manu in his arms.

"Didn't knew I needed permission to take my son, Spencer James.", I said coldly to him as he gives me Manu.

"Just wanted to see where he's gonna live in the next 4 years, that's all, Laura.", Spencer said, looking at Manu.

"Trust me, he's in good hands here.", I said to him one last time, then took Manuel's things from my mom and went in my room to start arranging.

After I set his crib and put him down, the girls came and then the party started. We tried to stop him crying for an hour, without success, then they all left.

I was walking around my room with Manu in my arms, crying, when I heard a knock on my door. I went to open it as I saw Damon standing there.

"Damon, hi. Look, now it's not a good time to talk about me being late at practice today.", I knew I wouldn't make it in time to get there, so I just stayed in.

"It's totally fine. Just wanted to check on you. May I?", he said as I handed him Manu.

He takes him in his arms and walks around the room as I close the door behind.

"Hey buddy, hey", Damon said to Manu, and I could see him calming and stopped crying.

Damon set him down in his crib and then sat on my bed next to me.

"I'm guessing it didn't went well with the father.", Damon said.

"How'd you know he was here?", I asked him.

"Spencer James is talking to Simone right now. Wasn't that hard to figure out. And about practice, I talked with coach and he said he understands your situation and will gladly accept Manuel to come with you.", he added.

"Really? Thank you Damon, I really appreciate it", I told him.

Before one of us could say anything else, we heard a knock on the door. I got up and went to open it to reveal Spencer James, the last person I wanted to see.

"What are you still doing here? Did you asked Simone about my room?", I ask him.

"Just came to see Manu, Laur. Are you gonna let me in?", Spencer asked.

I moved out of his way and sat next to Damon again.

"Hi, Damon.", Spencer said to him.

"Hi.", Damon said.

Spencer wanted to take Manu in his arms, but I stopped him, or at least I thought.

"I just got him to stop crying. I don't think it's a good idea.", I tried to warn him.

He just laughed at me and pick Manu up.

"Yeah, sure. Hey little man, what's up?", Spencer said to him.

He walked around the room and Manu started crying again. I went to Spencer, but he's so annoying.

"I've got this.", he kinda growled at me.

After 5 minutes, Damon got up and went to take Manu from him.

"If you can't do it, I'll help.", Damon said to Spencer.

"Yeah, no way I'mma let you take him.", Spencer said back.

"Spencer Alonso James, give him Manuel for the godsake.", I told him.

Spencer give him to Damon and he started walking around the room, soon enough Manu calmed down. Seeing this, Spencer left.

"That was something else. Hey, you wanna go to a coffee after tomorrow's practice?", Damon said to me.

"Are you asking me out?", I smiled at him.

"Yes, so?", Damon said smiling.

"Sure, just gotta talk with Keisha to look after Manu.", I said.

"See you tomorrow then. Goodnight.", Damon said.

"Goodnight.", I told him.

He left, letting me with my son, who I was able to put to sleep all night. Tomorrow will be an interesting day.