SEVEN

One week after everything went downhill and now I'm better. Right now I'm sitting in my room with Damon.

"You know what was strange about JR? He was acting weird, whispering with Simone about somethings I don't even know about, acting like nothing was happening. It's like he's hiding something from me.", Damon said as he laid down on my bed.

"Maybe he's stressed about the game. You know that he's parents are getting divorced, so maybe that's what is up with JR. The divorce is affecting him somehow.", I told him as I was writing something on my essay.

Damon got up and went behind me, putting his hands on mine, taking me away from the essay. He spins me around to face him.

"Okay, enough homework for you today. Let's go out, babe. Let's go to KEK, or anywhere.", he said to me.

Damon kissed me and took his phone and wallet from the bed and walks me out of the room. We ended up in the hall where Damon and I saw JR talking about something with Simone.

"I know you want to know what is going on with him, but babe, you need to let this go. Now come on, let's go.", I told Damon, taking his hand in mine going towards the elevator, when JR stopped us.

"Hey fam, what's going on?", JR said while giving me a hug then look at Damon.

"Just wanted to get Laur out from her essay. How have you been?", Damon said to him.

"That's great for y'all. I'm fine. Look, I gotta go, coach texted me. See y'all later?", JR said.

"Yeah, sure bro.", Damon said.

"Bye.", I told JR and dragged Damon in the elevator.

He looked at me with "I told you so" look on his face.

"What? You were right. JR and Simone are acting weird.", I told Damon.

"Thank you. Now, wasn't that hard, was it?", Damon joked.

"Shut up.", I told him.

"Make me.", Damon told me smirking at me.

We went out around campus, talking about anything, when I recieved a message from Simone.

Simone: I know you've seen me with JR today, so I'm gonna tell you why. JR thinks Damon is his brother, actual brother. Don't tell him though. At least not yet. Thank u.

I read the message and put the pieces together. Simone's right. I'm not the person who should tell him, is JR. So, I decided to text JR.

Laura: Hey JR. Simone told me that you think Damon is your brother, so you should talk to him, for both of your sakes.

I texted him and put my phone away just when Damon comed back.

"Hey, who were you texting so desperate?", Damon asked.

"Keisha, said she needed some help with her essay, so I told her to look through mine.", I lied to him.

I don't like lying to Damon, him out of all people, but I know JR is the right person to tell him. We went back to campus. As we got to the hall, all the lights were off. Keisha and Nate comed to us with flashlights and phone lanterns.

"Hey, were have you been? You didn't texted all day.", Keisha said, while hugging me. I could see a confused Damon looking at us.

"Just out. Have you seen JR?", I asked them.

"He's talking with Simone, I think. That's what he was doing before the blackout.", Nate told me.

"Thanks.", I told them as I was looking for JR. I found him easily, but he was drunk.

"JR, we need to talk.", I said to him.

"Come and have a drink Laur.", he told me.

"No, JR, we need to talk. Like right now.", I told him as I dragged him away from the other students who were drinking and played cards in a room.

"What's up?", he said to me.

"Haven't you checked your phone?", I asked him.

"Now, why would I do that?", JR asked.

"Really JR? You, Damon, your parents. Doesn't sound a ring?", I asked him in disbelief.

"You can tell him for me Laur. Now, excuse me, I have a party to attend to.", JR said, leaving me in the hall.

I couldn't believe him right now. I decided to go to Damon's and told him. As I got there, I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. I was greeted by a sad Damon.

"Laur...", he managed to say.

"Can I come in?", I asked unsure.

He let me in and I close the door. As I turned to him, I see him in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Look, Damon. I don't like lying to you, I really don't, but I thought JR was gonna talk to you and that Keisha wouldn't have said a thing, but now JR is drunk and he told me to talk to you about it, and I'm not even sure if that's true or how he got to that point...", I said looking at him as he takes my hands in his.

"Babe, what are you talking about?", Damon looked confused at me.

"JR thinks you're brothers.", I told him.

"And why would you get in the middle of it, if you know I don't want to meet my biological parents?", Damon asked me.

"Simone texted me, I texted JR, now he put me to tell you this and I know you don't want to look for your biological parents, I know that Damon, but maybe you should talk to JR about it tomorrow.", I said to him.

Damon hugged me and I hugged him back.

"You know I can't be mad at you, right babe?", Damon smiled at me.

"I do. I love you.", I told him.

"I love you more.", he told me amd we stayed in his room the rest of the night.