TEN

The next morning, I woke up with a ton of messages from Nate, Simone, Keisha, Dr. P, Cam, Damon, Thea, Lando, even from JR. I opened all of them, but never answered to them, well, except for Lando's.

Simone: Hey girl, are you okay? Thea said you went to talk with their pitcher then never showed up to the game.

Nate: Laur, I know you're upset, but you have to answer us.

Keish: Girl, let's get you out of here, have a girls' day out.

Dr. P: Hey sweetie, how are yoh holding up? Damon and Thea told me what happened.

Damon: Laur, answer me, please.

Thea: I'm so sorry you found out that way.

Cam: Laur, I'm sorry I haven't told you.

JR: Damon told me what happened between you 2. I'm here if you need anything.

Lando: Morning beautiful. How are you feeling?

Laura: Morning Lando. I've been better. Congrats on the winning by the way.

Lando: Thanks, but really now. How are you? Do you need anything?

Laura: Okay, mr Johnson, what's your catch?🤨

Lando: There's no catch. I promise you. Was I so bad as a boyfriend that you think there's a catch?🥲

Laura: So, you're telling me that you're just nice, because you want to? Wow, congrats to Lando Johnson 👏🏼

Lando: Haha, very funny Laura

Laura: Well, what can I say, I'm a funny person.

Lando: 🤣, yeah, right. Wanna go out, take your mind off him?

Laura: Orlando Johnson, are you asking me out?

Lando: Maybe😏. So, what do you say?

Laura: When?

Lando: How about... now?

Laura: Sure

Lando: Great, be ready in 10

Laura: Okay 💕

Lando: 💞

After I saw his last message, I went to change, do my makeup, and wait for Lando to come over. After 10 minutes, I heard a knock on my door and open it, just to be greeted by a happy Lando.

"Hey beautiful, you ready to go?", he said.

"Yeah, let me just grab my phone.", I answered, looking for my phone.

As I was looking for it, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hey Laura. Can we talk? Please?", Damon said.

I didn't want to hear him, even see him at the moment and I guess Lando knew, so he acted up.

"Look, man. You broke her heart, now she wants to be alone.", Lando said to Damon.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I think you forgot you're also one of her exes. So, don't lecture me about it when you did the same.", Damon said back.

"I didn't do that, it was a different reason why we broke up. And it's none of your business.", Lando said.

"Okay, so tell me. Why did you 2 broke up then?", Damon asked him, again.

"Enough! Both of you!", I said and the 2 boys looked at me.

I took my phone and Lando's hand, leading him away from Damon and outside the campus. We went to the parking lot to his car and he drove us around the town.

We ended up on a hill and we got out of the car, looking at the stars. We looked at each other and he asked.

"So, how's... how's your kid and his dad?", Lando managed to ask.

"Manuel is dead and Spencer is, well, Spencer.", I answered him.

"Damn, I'm so sorry Laur.", Lando said, hugging me.

I hugged him back and we talked about everything that happened in our lives until that moment we met again and we decided to try again to date, but this time with baby steps.

Later, Lando drove me back to Bringston and he stayed the night.