EIGHT

The next morning, we went out around campus and the field, talking and making jokes, when I saw a familiar face on the field.

"Jordan?", I said to him.

"Hey, Laur.", Jordan said to me, while hugging. He looked at Damon and they shaked hands.

"Damon Sims, the famous pitcher.", Jordan smiled at us.

"Jordan Baker, the famous captain at GAU.", Damon returned the smile.

"What are you doing here J? I thought you were coming here next week.", I told him.

"Come to visit early the University where my girlfriend and my best friend are staying. Dr. P knows about it and she is cool with it.", Jordan said to us.

"That's great, man. Hope you'll enjoy being here.", Damon said.

"Thanks, man. But enough about me, let's talk about y'all.", Jordan smiled at us.

"Jordan Baker, I swear to God, I'm gonna call Liv to take you home.", I joked and we all laughed.

We went to show Jordan the campus, then we met with Simone, who was more than surprised than I was, Keish, Nate and Cam in the common hall, later the baseball team and JR joined us and we all were having a great time until Jordan got a call and left the hall.

We were still talking, but about baseball.

"You know, we're gonna be rivals with Hawkins this game. Heard that their pitcher is better than Damon.", one of the baseball players said.

"Nah, man. You just tripping. Everyone knows that Damon Sims is the best pitcher right now.", JR defensed Damon.

"Their pitcher got 100, last checked.", other player said.

"Ain't nobody better than me. Alright?", Damon said, getting up next to me, from the couch, walking to his room.

"Really, guys? You really had to?", I asked the team, except JR.

"You don't believe us, than watch this video.", the first one said, handing us his phone.

JR and I waited to see the pitcher, but when I saw him, my face went from confused to pure shock. It was Orlando 'Lando' Johnson, one of my ex's befor meeting Spencer. As I watch I could see the hatred in his eyes.

After I watch the video I went to my room and watched some interviews with Lando. I was looking for a specific one, when I found it.

"Who is the person that made you choose baseball and why?", the interviewer asked.

"It's easy. My ex, not so ex, girl. She made me choose it without even knowing it at first.", Lando answered.

"And why would you say that?", the interviewer continued.

"She made it very clear. Not with words or actions, just looks.", Lando answered.

"What would you say to her, something personal maybe, if you knew she was watching this interview Lando?", the interviewer said.

Lando smirked then he answered her question.

"Laura, if you're watching this and I know you will, because your baseball team will talk about me, just so be clear, I'mma make your team lose as I lost you. But no feelings attached, sweetheart, I'm gonna promise you that you won't be messing with me the first time we'll see each other again.", Lando said, looking directly into the camera as if he was looking at me in person.

I closed the video and looked for more info about him. He was the star pitcher at Hawkins with 99, breaking to 100, his own record and the University's record as well.

He wasn't just gonna make the team lose, he was making me lose too, but I won't let him do that. Not again. Never.