chapter 31

After getting off the aeroplane, Sihan met a beautiful woman, Zorah.

Zorah then brought him to the car where they began the ride to the vast metropolitan city. 

"So your name is Sihan Evans, you're 19 years old just running away from an manipulative older male am I right?" 

"I wouldn't say he is manipulative, it's just that–" 

"I see, so you're a runaway with barely enough education to go on your own is that right?" She asks.

"Yes, basically." Sihan answers affirmatively.

"Listen kid, I'm not Yaakov. I'm not gonna try to be mushy and sympathetic, that's for the program." 

"Dr. Amani mentioned," 

"Yes, let me give the main intro. I'm gonna sign you into the CIN shelter and program. This program will help you start up a new life, from housing to a job. It will enroll you in a public college where you're gonna have to work your but off. I don't know what it's been like for you before but based on your clothes and demeanour no one's gonna navigate your life for you. If you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed the program offers therapy and sessions to help cope with your situation and there you'll find that you're no the only one but it's how you move forward with your life is important I'm speaking to you as a mother you can't only focus on your baby and it's not easy but sacrifice have to happen." 

Sihan looks at Noah and kisses him, he will protect Noah and work hard to make himself into someone Noah can rely on. 

"Um, what about doctor Amani will I be able to see him soon?" 

She looks through the rear view mirror, "kid, I'm gonna give you some advice you'll see him when he can be here but don't get attached to him. He has his own issues." 

"Oh… I just wanted to know," 

Sihan didn't say much, he doesn't know much about Amani but he's a doctor after all he'll be busy with his job but if Nathaniel finds out that he has anything to do with him… what's gonna happen to Doctor Amani? 

After the long drive, they stopped by a large building. Zorah had him read some papers carefully before signing and registering him after they guided him to a room, soon after Zorah gave him a phone.

"Because your old phone is gone, here is a new one Yaakov will call you on this okay?" 

"Ah, yeah…" 

She looks at Sihan's face that looks sadly down at Noah. "Hey kid, Yaakov said you like artsy stuff I'll send someone with some stuff to occupy your time… he will also assist you for first few months," 

"Uh, yes.." Sihan answers.

After she leaves, Sihan looks at Noah who was playing with his blinkie trying to bite it, Sihan chuckles then takes a picture of his baby.  "I love you, Noah" 

Noah looks up then smiles, "Mama!" 

Sihan wonders if he is making the right choice, after all he is taking Noah from his father. Sihan isn't sure about anything and he is feeling like he is being rash about these things.

Sihab looks up when he heard a knock on the door he forgot to lock, his eyes widen when he sees a familiar face. 

"Y-you're" 

"You're Sihan Mirai's cousin," 

"Yeah, um… Serge?" 

"Hehege hahaha!" 

Sihan tilts his head confused, he slightly blushes feeling he said something silly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it but the way you tried to say my name it's quite cute," 

'A flirt!! Stay away from my mommy cheat!' 

"Abu!!' 

Sihan looks around at Noah seeing him staring at Sage warily. Sage on the other hand clears his throat. 

"Ehem, let me officially reintroduce myself. I am 16 year old Asagie Norman , get it? A-sage-gie but I prefer to be addressed as the great Sage!" 

'Oh, another one who has humor for brains, now that I'm really looking at em." 

(A/n: this bitch kinda ugly. Lmao 🤣  had to) 

"Um.. Sihan Evans, are you perhaps…" 

"Ah, right. Auntie said I should guide you around and be your translator, so I'm here helping you get accustom to being here." 

"I didn't know you were bilingual," 

"Well if you think about you don't really know me at all, like for instance I'm a basketball championship award student. But I want to become a doctor like Paps." 

"Your father is a doctor?" 

"I thought you knew that," Sage said.

"Huh? I don't know your dad," 

"Huh? My dad? I'm talking Yaakov Amani," 

The mother and son duo soon starts to think simultaneously.

'26 –16 = 10? That ain't right?'

Sage could see the mother and son wearing the same struggling expression and soon he burst into laughter startling the two.

"It seems I've created a major confusion, paps is not my biological dad but my adopted he is actually my older brother," Sage explained.

"Ooooh," Sihan said.

"Now, shall we start with the tour? You must be hungry let's go get you something to eat".

Sihan smiles, he feels much better he nods standing up.