Chapter 12

Micah

Seeing all of my items sitting outside my door when we arrived at my apartment would have been the icing on the cake for such a shitty situation. I tried to keep the tears from falling from my eyes. He only texted me a few days ago. He really didn't give me any time to give him the payment. My stuff was wet, and all of the art supplies I had saved up and sold myself for just for it to be ruined. Everything I had worked so hard for was gone in just a blink of an eye. It was evident that people had picked through some of my items which made my stomach turn.

What would have happened if I hadn't let Alistair take me to his place? Would the creep have entered my apartment while I was there, begging to be fucked by an alpha? He probably would have taken full advantage of me too. It was obvious that his eyes would roam my way when I would see him helping any of my neighbors out, and I just so happened to be doing something on my days off.

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, scrolled down to his name, and pressed the button to call him. Alistair stood beside me, almost as if he were my bodyguard or some shit. The phone rang a few times before he picked up the phone.

"Hello." A scruffy man's voice answered the phone.

"Why did you kick me out?" I tried to sound normal, but it was evident I was upset. I couldn't hold back any longer. The tears of frustration, sadness, and anger trailed down my cheeks. "It's only been a week. I was in heat." I ground my teeth together.

"Look, I told ya, if ya late ya out. Ya didn't pay on time, ya out. Had another omega lookin' for a place, and he was willing to pay more in rent." He said nonchalantly. Almost as if he didn't just ruin my fucking life. "I could make arrangements for ya, though. I just need rent and a little somethin' extra." He said.

My stomach sank, and I scrunched my face up in disgust. I would have thrown my phone through the window if I had the money to replace the phone, fuck the building, though. That sick bastard could replace the damn thing. I couldn't believe that sick bastard really said that. Like, I'd do anything extra for his greasy ass.

I pulled the phone from my ear, my hands were shaking, and my blood was boiling. I so badly wanted to lay down on my soaked mattress and cry. I didn't even know what to do. I considered it possible but didn't think it would happen right now. I closed my eyes, and my shoulders slumped forward. In that moment, I wanted to die.

Nothing would fix this situation.

Alistair placed his hand on my shoulder, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Are you okay, Micah?" His yellow eyes met mine. His voice sounded like it was muffled, almost as if he were miles away from me.

I didn't know what to respond with. I, of course, was far from okay...

I didn't even have enough money to rent another apartment. I mean, I probably could get a hotel or something.

"Micah." Alistair's voice brought me back to earth. My stomach was still knotted, and I was cold. "What happened?" He asked.

"He kicked me out..." I managed to say through my tightened jaw. I was shivering from the shock of it all.

"Let's look through the items and see if there's anything salvageable." He responded calmly. "At least you're okay. That's all that matters."

"You don't get it," I said through my clenched teeth. "That was all of my things." I cried. The burning in my throat kept building more and more. "I'm an omega! I can't just find a new place to live. No one is going to accept me!"

"You can live with me–" He began, but I quickly cut him off.

"So I can be your whore? I'd rather die." I snapped.