Chapter 16

Alistair

"Yeah, you're pretty stupid." Andy leaned back. "There's a reason you can't find a good omega to be by your side and always come back to me. You can't talk to them."

"Gee, thanks." I rolled my eyes, pulling my cigarettes out of my pocket.

"Where do you think it went wrong?" He asked, taking one final drag of his own cigarette, and he leaned forward to stub it out in the ashtray.

"I guess when I asked him out in the first place." I pulled one of my cigarettes out and put it between my lips, and I put the pack of them away and grabbed my custom lighter. I flicked the flint to it until a flame lit, and I held it to the end of the cigarette, lighting it. I inhaled the first bit of smoke, pulled it from my lips, and held it in.

Andy rubbed his face and shook his head. "How did you ask him out?"

"Well, I asked him if he wanted to go with me for dinner, then I might have said some stupid shit. He got really defensive and snarky when I did, though." I closed my eyes, leaning my head back, and let out the smoke I had held in.

"This doesn't shock me," Andy rolled his eyes. "You're an idiot."

"I probably shouldn't have accused him of sleeping with a lot of people." I bit down on my bottom lip.

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No. Then I tried saving myself by reminding him I was asking him to dinner as his roommate." I wanted to smack myself in the face because of my ignorance. Andy closed his eyes for a second and shook his head in disapproval.

"You surely know how to do some stupid shit, don't you?" He rolled his eyes.

"On paper, I'm great. In person, I may act irrational." I shrugged my shoulders, tipping my head to the side.

"Yeah," He said. "You really do. I'm sorry I played around with him, though. I don't think he'll want me around when you actually succeed in gaining his trust again. "

"I mean, you kinda did that to yourself." I shrugged, chuckling. "Imagine being one of my long-time friends and fuck buddies just to fuck that up."

"It's not like I like you like that, anyways," He looked toward his bodyguard, who stood at the entrance of the door. He was just a little older than the both of us, but he had the look of someone who had seen plenty of shit in his lifetime.

It was no secret he pined after his bodyguard. It was also no secret that he also wanted another fresh meat bodyguard for his fathers either. Knowing him, he'd end up with both in the end, probably long after his father passed, though, because no way would that old bastard want his son to be with someone of low status hence why he came to me to get his rocks, off.

His father liked me, mainly because I was a good businessman in the day and in the night. We'd work together frequently too, and it made it easier for both Andy and I to hook up. So, in that case, it was a win-win situation for me.

"How do you think I should make this up to him?" I asked. "Or should I let him cool down a bit?"

"I mean, I'd let him cool for a few days, but don't let it go on too long, or else he won't be interested in you anymore. Then maybe you could make it up to him by doing something for him? Like, what is he interested in?" I looked away in thought.

Now that I thought of it, I didn't know much about the omega other than him taking drugs that a secondary gender care specialist should have only prescribed. He was once homeless. He used to work at a coffee shop. He still worked at the bar.

I only knew that his scent drove me mad. He felt comfortable to be around. I wanted to learn everything about him. I wanted to kiss every part of him and learn all about his body, all of his flaws, and what made him the way he was.