Chapter 14

Micah

His eyes bore into mine. They were so stunning that they took my breath away. I held my breath, almost as if this were my first time actually giving someone a kiss that I cared about. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and I looked down at the table in embarrassment. His breathing had gotten heavy, and I knew I probably had awakened something within Alistair. He held his chopsticks tightly, almost as if trying to keep his composure.

He cleared his throat and averted his gaze from mine. "You're welcome," Alistair responded, taking some of his food to stop himself from saying something else.

We sat in silence.

When we both finished dinner, I cleaned up our mess, despite Alistair's demands for me to stop. It was the least I could do after today. I needed to keep my hands busy. Otherwise, I would end up submitting to my omega and getting down on my knees to worship him with my mouth around his cock.

I bet he had an impressive dick in those pants, just waiting for someone to lick it from base to tip and suck the soul out of it. A bead of sweat dripped down my forehead at the thought. My mouth was dry, almost as if I wanted no needed to let him fuck my mouth. I clenched my hand around the empty paper container, crumpling it in my hand at the thought.

I desperately wanted him to come behind me, wrap one of his hands around my neck, and force me to submit to him. Instead, he told me he was going to go to bed. The air surrounding the both of us felt awkward, and I wanted him to give me a kiss on the lips and tell me that everything would be okay.

But I knew. I knew I had probably ruined it for myself. He didn't step out of bounds once when he flirted with me, and I was so rude to him otherwise. My pride was the only thing that held me back from him. I guess that first time I saw him, in the street, running home. I thought he was like the rest of the alphas I had encountered. They only wanted one thing, to sleep with me and discard me like every other alpha. I didn't know if that was a fact or not, but would he have accepted me into his house if all he wanted was some ass?

Would I even let him fuck me? Even if he did offer me a stupid amount of money to do so? I think I would have been turned off at the idea of him offering money to sleep with me. Because, secretly, I didn't want to be a notch in his bedpost. Maybe I wanted to be so much more to him, and my way of internally fighting with myself was to be an asshole to him.

I lay in my bed, looking up at the high ceiling, never realizing I would end up being here. I don't think I could have prepared myself for what happened to me in one day. If I had been told two weeks ago that I would be under the same roof as Alistair Salvator, I would have probably laughed at them.

The following week, it was as if Alistair were deliberately trying to ignore me. I could admit it hurt a little, knowing he was trying to leave me alone. Possibly to give me time to adjust to living in his space.

When I got back to work at the bar, everything was different. Alpha's that would typically hit on me paid me no mind other than to order drinks or food, and they'd also pay their bills and leave. After the first few days, I wondered if I had done something. Or if my scent was low. I wasn't mad, but I wasn't too happy about it either because it seemed that the tips I was taking in were less than usual.

Xari walked up behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you doing okay?" He asked.

"Just getting fewer tips than usual," I replied, sitting my rag down on the counter. "I don't know why. I don't think I'm acting any differently." I shrugged, going back to cleaning so I could go home.

"Maybe it's because you smell like an alpha." He said, grabbing one of the liquor bottles and placing them on the shelf behind me.

"I do?" I furrowed my brows, tucking my head to smell my shoulder. "I don't think I do?"