Prologue: Meet The Amazing Y/N

Y/N POV:

On Christmas eve, many years ago when I was 23. I walked down the street early in the morning carrying flowers, while picking up objects I liked simply because I could. I'm a collector...Okay, well, I'm more of what people call a hoarder, meaning I pick up objects that not many people would want. Like old pieces of paper that have something written on it, a broken watch that someone threw out, a small diecast toy car that some little kid left lying around and forgot to pick up, or even loose change. You name it, I have it. The odd thing about it though is that I can't ever seem to explain the exact reason why I do it. It's like a small compulsion that tells me that if I don't pick it up and take it home with me, then it'll feel sad that it was abandoned and doesn't have a home. Wishing for someone to come and pick it up to take home. I know, it's strange. Then again, I never was a completely 'normal person'. 

I suppose it all started back in 4th grade when the other kids thought I was strange for not believing my parents when they said Santa had flying reindeer and thinking that Santa was a superhero who had actual superpowers like flying at supersonic speeds, short distance-teleportation, and telekinesis and that the reason he lies about reindeer and elf are that he was afraid the government would come after him and try to enlist him. 

After that, the children started calling me a crazy person. I didn't mind it though, as by then I had figured out that I was a weird person, and that not everyone had the same beliefs as I did. Since then I learned to at least try to keep my thoughts to myself to not bother the other people around me who weren't interested. 

It ended up working as in 5th grade, I would develop a small circle of friends that I would go on to work at the same job with. I was happy that I was able to relatively feel somewhat normal. I soon found that I had reached my destination: The graveyard. I stepped through the rusty old creaking metal gates, flowers in hand. Each gravestone I passed filled me with a sense of sadness, it reminded me that people come and go in your life, and you almost have no control over it. 

Eventually, I made my way to the place and found what I was looking for. Two large stone slabs that stood next to each other. Inscribed on them were the names of my parents: M/N L/N  and  F/N  L/N. When I was younger, they died in an accident, they were driving and a truck crashed into the left side of their car, killing them instantaneously, and I was sent to an orphanage where I managed to make my circle of friends. 'St. John's Orphanage for the Youth'. "Hey mom, hey dad."

I said in a somber voice, placing the flowers on their graves. "I got the job...and all of my friends are there too...your reputation in the industry helped a lot...thank you so much...for everything...I wish you were here to see where I am now..."

I remember both of them as if I saw them yesterday. Mother was a kind and caring person who had a soft and gentle voice as sweet as honey. She sang me to sleep when I was afraid and it always knocked me out. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean and her brown hair flowed down to her waist, her long arms used to rock me to sleep while I was swaddled in clothing. She was a saint. My Dad was a rather large, but gentle man. He was strong and knew business like the back of his hand. His green eyes always looked at me as though he saw a small miniature version of him in me. He was always the selfless type who would walk old people across the street and make people smile by cracking a joke. They both had worked for the company they had inherited from their father, but on some days she and Dad took me with them. 

Their employees often kept me busy while my parents worked tirelessly on their next game. Sometimes they would even let me playtest a couple of their games. Like 'Ultra Jump Mania' or a game called 'Killer Robots', which despite its name was not very graphic and gave you the option of sparing the other robots. I always found myself sparing them and looking for another source of oil to be nice. "I still visit the old building...I signed to have it torn down though, a homeless shelter is gonna be built there..."