Chapter 4: How The Gloink Queen Stole Christmas (Part 1)

Y/N's POV:

"You!" He said pointing to me through the screen. "Do you like adventure? Activity? Wonder? Danger? Horror? Pain? Suffering? Agony? Death? Disease? Death? Angel food cake?"

"Oh, I love Angel food cake-" I was cut off by Bubble appearing and eating the angel food cake Caine had pulled out. Caine looks at Bubble, horrified.

"You PARASITE!" Caine yelled as he popped Bubble.

"Aw man," I said kind of disappointed...Wait I have Angel food cake in the fridge why am I sad over a digital version of it? "Don't worry, Y/N. I'll see if I can whip up some more later. But since you're new around here, we're gonna make it a simple, in-house, adventure to warm you up to how things work around here."

"What? No, god! Not again!"

"Sorry, Zooble. But since it's Christmas, you have to get involved with it!" 

"Now as for you." Caine snapped his fingers and I suddenly found myself in a first-person POV. I looked into a nearby mirror and was met with an avatar of my own.

"There you go! Now you can actively participate with the rest of the cast in a first-person experience!" I began to check out my new avatar and turned to see if the screen was still there

"There you go! Now you can actively participate with the rest of the cast in a first-person experience!" I began to check out my new avatar and turned to see if the screen was still there. Shockingly enough, it was. "Woah, trippy." I then tried to click the POV button on the screen and realized I could switch back and forth between them. I continued to see what else I could do out of curiosity. "Why do I look like a Minecraft avatar?" I was snapped out of my thoughts as my attention turned to Caine.

"Today's Adventure is..." Caine said flying upwards as a drumroll played in the background. With a snap of his fingers, a large festive-themed title appeared. "SAVE CHRISTMAS!" Caine said laughing maniacally

My screen suddenly cut to small sentient shapes who were stealing random festive-themed items. "That's Right! The Gloink Queen is at it again! For those of you who don't know. Gloinks are small mischievous critters that steal anything and everything they run into! But this time, 'The Gloink Queen' has ordered her minions to steal everyone's presents and Christmas decorations! Who gave her this idea? What motivates her? When did she put her plan into motion? Where did these little humanoid hash-browns get the skills for this? Why is she doing this? How do you stop her and bring joy back to all the good little boys and girls? That's for you and our new player Y/N to find out! Good luck, Happy Holidays, and remember to HAVE FUN, my little superstars!" Caine then warped out of sight. For a solid minute, I stared at the spot Caine used to be. 

"...What the hell did any of that mean?" I turned to the 'superstars' in question.

"Oh, that's just one of Caine's little adventures. They were just...something fun to do to, you know, prevent us from going insane before you came along." Ragatha explained chuckling nervously.